Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBlockhead View Post
    Wasn't that offer a typo? Notice it's no longer on Best Buy's website.

I have to ask, do you actually own a Touchstone? I'm guessing you don't. Mounting it in a car is not as simple as you might think, especially if your car's interior consoles have matted surfaces. The micro-suction material on the bottom of the Touchstone takes a good day or so to settle into the crevices of a matted surface, in order to stick on securely. Then, if you remove it, it takes quite a while to straighten back out to the point that it will stick securely to a smooth surface.

The Touchstone is not intended to be portable. It's meant to stay where it's put. Picking it up and moving it a few times a day will likely damage the microsuction material over time. If you want to use the Touchstone in multiple locations, you really need multiple Touchstones.
    Hate to disagree with you but I have 2 TS's and I move them all the time with no problems. When the grippy bottom starts to go I just wipe with a damp cloth and it's good as new. AS far as placing it in the car you can literally put it anywhere but if your worried it will fall just place it in the center console or cupholder(plastic cup turned upside down, instant smooth surface). In my case I have a windshield mount by bracketron and the mount actually grips the TS so I don't have to stick it. Works fine for me even over rough road. It really isn't such a big deal. Just my 2 cents...
    +1 on this, using the phone one handed while plugged in is awkward at best.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I always get annoyed when a product goes "Form over Function" and this is clearly one of those cases. It's a shame because the Pre is such an elegant device, but once you get a headphone jack and charger plugged in then it takes away from it's style.

Personally, I prefer the headphone jack/power coming out from the bottom like a squid because it makes it easier to mount in a car and keep the cables out of the way.
    Where's the best price for the Touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    +1 on this, using the phone one handed while plugged in is awkward at best.
    +2
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I always get annoyed when a product goes "Form over Function"
    Yes Totally..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12