Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hi,

I've been tasked with finding a good smartphone for the company I work for, and we've been with T-Mobile for years, but they're phones are pretty subpar. We're stuck with an exchange server, so we've been using windows mobile phones for a while now, and they just suck. So I called Sprint today to speak with a rep about pricing plans for the Pre. The woman on the phone said that they've been told they could only sell the Pre for a few more days. I asked her why, and she said she didn't know, but that's what they've been told.

This has me a little worried. Anyone know anything about this?

Was this just a little bit of "pressure" she was trying to put on me? Shortages?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    This was updated on the home page here at Precentral.net. telesales will halt.
    as the front page has noted, telesales will not be selling the device, like when it launched. i'd bet inventory is the issue...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    i'd bet inventory is the issue...

Not sure on that...there are sources indicating that the Pre inventories are fine.

see TechCrunch article: Maybe The Palm Pre Isnít Selling So Well, After All

Not sure what to believe anymore. I wish Palm/sprint would just start sharing info.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    In other words, you can't order one over the phone or online.

They still have them in sprint stores.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post

Well some stores do. All stores within a 50 mile radius of me are still sold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by katmandoo122 View Post
    Not sure on that...there are sources indicating that the Pre inventories are fine.

Not sure what to believe anymore. I wish Palm/sprint would just start sharing info.
    That article was garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by katmandoo122 View Post

If inventories are fine then why are people being put on waiting lists to get an exchange with a new unit? Sprint wouldn't do that unless they had to. If they had more phones than they needed they would just be swapping them out at will.
    The Pre is selling quite well. Sprint stores are still largely sold out. Telesales will stop selling the Pre (for now) but stores will continue to sell them.
    My local walmart said that when they tried to place an order for more Palm Pre's , it was rejected and as of now not able to get anymore.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vincey2kr1 View Post
    My local walmart said that when they tried to place an order for more Palm Pre's , it was rejected and as of now not able to get anymore.
    Good news. Walmart is a hazard to civilization. Go to a Sprint or independent store.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Remember Palm is still setting up international carriers for the Pre. (see the front page. I tried to link, but don't have enough posts) If the device was failing to sell and/or they were thinking about discontinuing it, you wouldn't hear a peep about different carriers.

The Pre is selling well. Sprint/Palm are having problems keeping up with demand, especially since there have been hardware issues and people are swapping their phones out.

Palm is also trying to keep Best Buy, Radio Shack, Wal-Mart AND Sprint stocked. Best Buy and Wal-Mart are big boys.

My guess is that Palm is tweaking the manufacturing process a little, and it may slow down manufacturing for a short time. So no point in Sprint telesales conducting backorder sales for a device not widely available. Give it three-to-four weeks and the Palm spigot will be flowing heavily.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alundre View Post
    Well some stores do. All stores within a 50 mile radius of me are still sold out.
    4/4 Best Buys are out of stock
    Local Sprint store only has 2 in stock.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    In other words, you can't order one over the phone or online.

Depends on where you live. I've been on the "waiting list" for a replacement Pre for almost 2 weeks. When I asked 2 weeks ago, the store said they had about 250 people on the waiting list for the Pre's. Needless to say, that store is out of stock.
    My store had a 100 person waiting list, and they cleared them out in a week, faster than i would've thought. So I finally got my pre, wiggles a bit side to side but nothing major. So far really like it, seems like they are selling well all over the place, but the areas around here are getting stock so not sure why they are stopping telesales unless they dont' want to deal with all the returns they are having with them. I could see if return or exchange rate is high not offering it on telesales till build quality improves.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    If your company is using tmobile maybe you should look at the htc touch pro 2 that is coming out in a couple weeks. I read somewhere that sprint suggested their employes steer business users to winmo due to exchange needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by reynardmc22 View Post
    not sure why they are stopping telesales unless they dont' want to deal with all the returns they are having with them. I could see if return or exchange rate is high not offering it on telesales till build quality improves.
    This was my first thought after seeing this thread. The issues are just too widespread. Might be time to stop the bleeding. These QC issues certainly are not helping the Brand Reputation of Palm, and I doubt they like that.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhyde View Post
    4/4 Best Buys are out of stock
    Local Sprint store only has 2 in stock.
    Many Best Buys should be getting a rather large shipment on July 8 (tomorrow). Many of them did that "Buy and $50 gift card, guarantee your Pre" deal. From talking to a local BB rep, it seemed as if the shipments would be pretty large. So anybody out there looking, be sure to hit up your Best Buy tomorrow. Although it's possible they sold out during the pre-reservation deal, but I doubt it.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I just walked into my local store last night and bought one.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    There seems to be no shortage of Pre's on ebay for under $350.00 if you don't want to tie to a contract. If you use the bling web site you can get another 8% off of the ebay-paypal purchase price.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast