Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    is there any way to double check w/o actually calling this person?
    I found a possibly simpler way to do this whole thing that doesn't involve counting pixels or image editing.

Move the picture to your phone or take a picture using your phone (what ever it takes). Open it up in the image view. Then press red button + "Sym" + "P". This will take a screenshot. As you can imagine, this screenshot is inherently the perfect dimensions. To access your screenshots is the same as any image folder. Go back to the picture viewer main screen and there should be a folder for "screenshots". Using THAT picture for your contacts will generate a pre-formatted image that should work nicely.
    thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by alans17 View Post
    I found a possibly simpler way to do this whole thing that doesn't involve counting pixels or image editing.

Move the picture to your phone or take a picture using your phone (what ever it takes). Open it up in the image view. Then press red button + "Sym" + "P". This will take a screenshot. As you can imagine, this screenshot is inherently the perfect dimensions. To access your screenshots is the same as any image folder. Go back to the picture viewer main screen and there should be a folder for "screenshots". Using THAT picture for your contacts will generate a pre-formatted image that should work nicely.
    Good method, which also allows you to screencap any pic from the browser and use it as a contact photo. Just one note, it's still not perfect dimensions since it's 320x480 but the crop tool (actually resize) inherent in the assign a contact process will take care of that.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Now, after I assigned the photo to that contact. Am I able to delete the photo from the phone? I'm hoping the photo is assigned somewhere hidden in the phone. I don't know how I feel about having 300+ photos of peoples faces just taking up space on my phone.
    When you assign photo to the contact, you can just use you fingers to move and crop images, no need to crop it on a computer and transfer.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Great info but one slight clarification. I find that no matter how high I make the resolution above 320, if the picture isn't perfectly square I get a green line on the right side of the photo in the Phone dialer.

For example I had a contact photo that was 505 x 500 and I got the green line. When I made it 500 x 500 the line went away. I dropped it down to 320 x 320 and still no line.

Palm really needs to backup the contact photos in the Palm Profile because once you wipe your Pre, you have to re-assign all your photos again. What a major pain.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I had to replace my Pre earlier this week. When it re-synced with my Palm Profile the contact pictures were there even though I hadn't transferred my pictures back to the Pre yet.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    When I do this method, the little thumbnails in the Messaging app and Contacts list appear blurry. Is this because I'm synced to Google, which lowers the resolution? Any way to fix this?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    in 1.3.1, the photos appear blurred/upscaled. anyone found a fix yet?
    I don't sync my contacts with gmail because I prefer clear caller id pictures. Sometimes I just take a picture of a picture on my computer to use that for the callers id photo. I notice the caller id pictures are bigger now with 1.3 OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorx View Post
    in 1.3.1, the photos appear blurred/upscaled. anyone found a fix yet?
    Yup, 1.3.1 totally bunked this whole method. Doing all this after 1.3.1 will result in an upscaled/blurred image. Really sucks.

Lost all my contacts with a recent Pre replacement and am having to do this all over again - but the images look like crap now. They were pixel-perfect before.

They reduced the "crop square" in size down from full-screen for some reason and now that square gets stretched out when that person calls. Grrr.

If anyone has a work around, would love to hear it!
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Most of my contacts that call me are synced to Facebook. How would I get a hi-res pic of them if it's automatic? I hate seeing the blurry faces.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Anyone have an idea on how to fix this issue with 1.3.1?
    Introducing synergy; grabs all your contact data and there picture to, o and also the picture look like your cat puked all over them!

Honestly how the heck does this happen, that they release something that does such a bad job of grabbing photo.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Anyone have an idea on how to fix this issue with 1.3.1?
    You can go to the contacts list and select a contact, tap edit and then tap on a little thumbnail contact image and choose the change image option, it will to the photo app of course and from there you can select the image. After using this method, I was able to see nice high resolution pictures while making calls.
    I hope I'm in the right place... I was wondering if its possible to assign a picture to all other unknown numbers. kind of like a default picture for anyone I don't have a picture for and/or unknown numbers....? maybe I should post this under patch request?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I'll post here as well, anyone notice degradation of photos that are HQ and 320x320 when assigning? I'm opening the same photo in the photoviewer on the pre and then calling it in a separate card, its easy to see that their is a slight compression degradation.
    I did everything you said im using photoshop and paintshop i resize to 320x320 but when i upload it to the phone and try to set it up to the contact it doesn't fit in the square so it doent come out right, can you please help me?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123