Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

not sur if this has been posted yet. I just found the official O2 Online Germay site that is advertising the Palm Pre to be exlusiv available there in October.
    Sorry for not including a link, but the forum software will not lest me post links as my account is to new ( Just created the account to share this great news with you )

Very exciting News for all German Pre lovers.

Greetings
    Beatmaster
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    o2 preregistration page
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    oktoberfest is gonna be off the hook. Pre+beer.
    wonder if they'll be chanting,"Das Root, Das Root!"
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    oktoberfest is gonna be off the hook. Pre+beer
    Sorry. O2 has just changed their site to read "just in time for Christmas".
    that's gonna suck that mean no more exclusive pre on sprint
    which mean sprint will be in trouble again
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Sorry. O2 has just changed their site to read "just in time for Christmas".
    ;( .... Noooooo.. I hate to wait. And my iphone broke this weekend. Now i am back to my old WM6 mobile.

Hopefully that is just some precauction from O2 until Palm gives a concrete lunch date.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    heise online - 07.07.09 - Palm Pre ab Oktober bei O2 ab 10 Euro [drittes Update]

Firmensprecher Roland Kuntze äußerte sich gegenüber heise online zu den Tarifen: Demnach kommt das Palm Pre zu den aktuellen O2-Tarifen auf den Markt. Beispielsweise kann man einen O2 o-Vertrag ohne Grundgebühr und dazu die Handy-Datenflat für 10 Euro und mit einer Mindestdauer von drei Monaten abschließen, die nach 200 MByte Volumen auf GPRS-Geschwindigkeit gedrosselt ist. Alternativ gibt es einen ab 5 GByte gedrosselten Datentarif für 25 Euro an. Laut Kuntze überlegt O2, einen dritten Tarif mit dazwischen liegender Gebühr und Drosselungsgrenze anzubieten. Diese Tarife enthalten allerdings kein gesponsortes Handy. Das Palm Pre soll man auch ohne O2-Vertrag kaufen können, es hat keinen SIM-Lock und funktioniert ohne Einschränkungen auch in anderen Mobilfunknetzen. Einen Gerätepreis nannte O2 allerdings weiterhin nicht
    What is interesting to note here is:
    - there are a few contract types mentioned; all seemed to be capped or "throttled" (one contract type has a maximum data volume, while the other described a "throttled" speed?)
    - the Pre's price will not be subsidized
    - the Pre will be a GSM unlocked version
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    that's gonna suck that mean no more exclusive pre on sprint
    which mean sprint will be in trouble again
    You got that we're talking about Germany/Europe here, right? Not the US market.

Then again, you are right in a way: expect to see many Pres imported, unlocked and used on GSM networks in the US. People who wanted the Pre but didn't want to switch to Sprint will be satisfied...yes, trouble for Sprint. Un-sim-locking phones is Europe is pretty common, with an estimated third of all phones unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    What is interesting to note here is:
    - there are a few contract types mentioned; all seemed to be capped or "throttled" (one contract type has a maximum data volume, while the other described a "throttled" speed?)
    Not exactly. O2 offers at this moment 2 data contracts. One has a limit of 200MB, the other one of 5GB. Once you hit this limit, the transfer speed will be switched from HSDPA Speed down to GPRS for the rest of the month. O2 is considering to offer a third contract, which would have a limit inbetween.

- the Pre's price will not be subsidized
    - the Pre will be a GSM unlocked version
    I highly doubt this. It would make no sense for O2 to have the exclusive rights on the Pre (which they have paid for in some way), when they do not offer it cheaper to their (new) customers. This would basically mean O2 would be "degraded" to a pure hardware reseller, which would leave them with no new customers. I can't image this will happen. There is no need to have something exclusive when you sell it to everyone at the same prize.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    I highly doubt this. It would make no sense for O2 to have the exclusive rights on the Pre (which they have paid for in some way), when they do not offer it cheaper to their (new) customers. This would basically mean O2 would be "degraded" to a pure hardware reseller, which would leave them with no new customers. I can't image this will happen. There is no need to have something exclusive when you sell it to everyone at the same prize.
    Tell that to the German O2 spokesperson; he was the one cited:
    Firmensprecher Roland Kuntze äußerte sich...Diese Tarife enthalten allerdings kein gesponsortes Handy. Das Palm Pre soll man auch ohne O2-Vertrag kaufen können, es hat keinen SIM-Lock und funktioniert ohne Einschränkungen auch in anderen Mobilfunknetzen. Einen Gerätepreis nannte O2 allerdings weiterhin nicht
    Ah, but perhaps you're right...I missed the "auch", meaning "also". It says "These rates do not include a subsidized phone. It will also be possible to purchase an unlocked GSM Palm Pre that will work with other cell network providers. No price was mentioned."
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    They just do it with other phones right now, have a look:
    o2online.de/nw/handys/myhandy/index.html
    But they are not the cheapest.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    yes you can get the cheapest contract but then youll have to pay the highest price for the phone. they usually hit new devices around 200€ + most expensive contract which will be around 60-100€ /month. or you get the lowest contract and have to pay 600-1000€ for the phone. well i saw brand new factory sealed pre on ebay.com around 300 US$ without contract. so i hope ill get the gsm version on launch day for around 200 bugs with cheapest dataplan which is around 10€ /month (200mb)
    Been on the O2 Hotline today, but couldn't get much new information. The rumor of October 30 (for UK) was not confirmed, but I wasn't expecting to confirm such things on the phone (and we have no rumor for Germany at all yet). I was asking them what I should do if my Vodafone contract ends in September. The answer was that I should sign for the O2 O contract with my current phone. But once the Pre will be released, there will be a new rate exclusively for the Pre! He didn't tell me more, but this could mean a few things:

- Pre may be bundled with a 2 year contract (the O2 O would have been a 1 month contract)
    - Price package might be worse or better than O2 O rates.

You see, I don't know wether you must use the Pre rate with the Pre, or have it as an option to the standard rates. Let's see what they come up with.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I guess this is even more bad news for us not living in O2 countries. We will have to wait even longer for an unlocked version.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Same for me Andreas.
    At least we'll have a chance to have a more mature phone at its release - I'd hate to use a Pre and a Treo at the same time because the current WebOs Pim's are ridiculous for professional purposes...
  17.    #17  
    Hi all,

not sure if i haven t checked the page for a while now, or if they actually updated the release status on the german palm pre page.

Last time i checked it was telling "released around christmas". Now it s saying "coming soon".

I received a email from Palm Europe today, a newsletter showing me a pre video in german etc, . that was the first email from them that i received.

Looks like something is happening right now ?!

Greetings Markus
    Hi all,
    it's getting hot for the Pre in Europe, so I thought I'd get myself an account here and join the family...

As Beatmaster wrote, there is a german-dubbed version of the Pre-Info-Video online now, but also the UI of the Pre seems to be german!
    So there might be a localized version of the Pre around somewhere. Get's my hopes up for an October release, perfectly coinciding with my ending contract...

Greetings
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatmaster View Post
    Last time i checked it was telling "released around christmas". Now it s saying "coming soon".
    where does is says that?

here: newsflash.o2online.de/promo/ankuendigung/glxy.jsp?o2_type=goto&o2_label=info-anmeldung

it still says "at the right time for christmas"...
    Does anyone knows if the Pre in Europe will have the same size than the one in America?
    my question is because I want to start buying some accesories

Greetings
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast