Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmGeist View Post
    Does anyone knows if the Pre in Europe will have the same size than the one in America?
    my question is because I want to start buying some accesories

Greetings
    Certainly it will has same size:

GERMANY
    Abmessungen Breite: 59,5 mm
    Hhe: 100,5 mm
    Dicke: 16,95 mm
    Palm Pre Telefon: Funktionen, Details, Rezensionen: Palm DE

USA
    Dimensions Width: 59.5mm (2.3 inches)
    Height: 100.5mm (3.9 inches)
    Thickness: 16.95mm (0.67 inches)

Palm Pre Phone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA
    I bothered an O2 Sales Rep today (again). He told me their Reps received one unit each yesterday for testing and "getting to know the device". So a kind of product teaching we have seen with the Sprint Employees before the release. Does this point towards an October release? No clue. I asked that question and he returned to his sales blabla with nothing of interest. So probably we should look at the time frame between the sprint classes and the release date to see wether this frame is about the same.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    If memory serves me, confirmed reports of Sprint devices in the hands of a few support staff happened around May 22nd, 2009.
    So it sounds like the date: 12-13 Okt. sounds right for me. In all O2 shops (4) they said this date to me. The last one says 12 Okt, the other 13.
    Hello guys,

o2 will introduce the pre tomorrow. They give information about the releasedate and the pricing

Link: twitter.com/Fluxkompensator
    13 Oct!!!!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!
    WOOOOOHOOOOOO!
    WOOOOOHOOOOOO!
    WOOOOOHOOOOOO!
    WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

I gonna kill someone if I dont get mine on the first round.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi everybody!

I'm looking forward to buy a German Palm Pre. But the contract on o2 is very expensive... Buying a SIM-Lock-free device for 481 might be cheaper in the end. The most difficult thing is to get a good dataplan in Germany. They are all limited by volume. After you've seized that limit, you have to pay every megabyte/minute or you're throtteled down to GPRS.
    But how much traffic do I actually have, using the Pre on a daily bases? More than a gig? I got WiFi at home, so I can download large files at home. But all the syncing, surfing, messaging and AGPS-data causes a lot of traffic, isn't it?
    Would be great if you share your experiences on the traffic with me. And by the way: does AGPS work with every provider as long as it offers internet?

Thanks for your answers,
    Alpha
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Hope this helps;

Germany
    ISP - Plan name - Speed - Data limits - 3G/GPRS - Tethering - Restrictions - Price / month - Misc

T-mobile WebN'Walk connect 3G+ 30MB Works no voip. 5€ Add in to a voice plan.
    T-mobile WebN'Walk connect M 3G+ 300MB Works no voip. 24.95€ Add in to a voice plan.
    T-mobile WebN'Walk connect L 3G+ 5GB/Unlimited Works no voip. 39.95€ Add in to a voice plan. After 5GB limited bandwidth.
    Vodafone Mobile Connect L 3G+ 300MB Works no voip 19.95€ Add in to a voice plan.
    Vodafone Mobile Connect pda 3G+ 30MB Works no voip 9.95€ Add in to a voice plan.
    Vodafone Mobile Connect Flat 3G+ 5GB/Unlimited Works no voip 34.95€ Add in to a voice plan. After 5GB limited bandwidth.
    O2 Internet-Pack S 3G+ 30 MB/Unlimited Works none 5 € Add in to a voice plan. After 30MB limited bandwidth. Source
    O2 Internet-Pack M 3G+ 200 MB/Unlimited Works none 10 € Add in to a voice plan. After 200MB limited bandwidth. Source
    O2 Internet-Pack L 3G+ 5GB/Unlimited Works none 25 € Add in to a voice plan. After 5GB limited bandwidth.

http://www.teltarif.de/i/gprs-kosten.html
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    My provider offers up to 1 gig for 30 days at 9,90 € as an option.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Thanks; sry for spamming, I can't edit my post.

So that's a lot cheaper than a contract. At the moment I'm running on it 8 € a month for voice (av 60 minutes) and text (av 30). So i hope with the 1 gig option (cheaper, if you reach 42 mb) I got my Palm Pre for 20,05 € (device) + 8 € (voice&text) + 9,90 € (internet) = 37,9 €/month (so 29,95 € in addition to the costs I anyway have).
    Anybody any clue if I could use this German phone in The Netherlands? I'll get used to the qwertz-keyboard (it's only the z and y that are switched right?).
    And any info on whether i could buy one.. as a dutchie.. without an address in Germany to register it to?
    The german keyboard will also have the ,, buttons i think.
    ah.. right.. they belong on a qwertz-keyboard as well.. they're not on this image from the o2 website (press release) though:

(can't post links yet so you'll need to find it yourself.. goto de [dot] o2 [dot] com and use the search-field in the top-right. Enter 'palm pre'. Click on the 'Pressemitteilungen (10)' and then the 3rd result '> 13 October 2009: O2 launches Palm Pre'. On this page on the right there are image's of the phone.. WITH QWERTZ-layout )

Anyhow.. i should be able to handle a qwertz keyboard on my phone..

Info on whether I could buy it (either order it online or just by driving to some o2-store in germany) would be great.. does anybody know?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi prostic and JohnDoes. Ok, I really don't know how the keybord of the Palm is arranged. There is no key left, which could be used fr ,, and . I guess you type them using a shortcut (like orange button + a, etc). But be carefull: a standard QUERTZ-layout doesn't only swap z and y and has umlauts (), but swaps many special characters. But as I already mentioned, the Palms keymap is not 'real' QUERTZ at least because of the 'missing' keys.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    On the older Treos there just seems to be the swap of position between Y and Z.

Im guessing its the same on the Pre so perhaps I will order one instead of waiting for a QWERTY version.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    They just swap the Y & the Z. You can check out the pictures of the keyboard on the german palm site.
    there's a special event in some o2 flagshipstores in germany on Oktober 12th. I have a invitation for munich.

there's also a posibility to finance the pre without any more costs. You pay 1€ + 24x20€. That's the same price if you pay it cash at any o2 store. Also an interesting offer.

Karl
    sorry for posting twice. I have no idea why.
    Quote Originally Posted by prostic View Post
    ah.. right.. they belong on a qwertz-keyboard as well.. they're not on this image from the o2 website (press release) though:

(can't post links yet so you'll need to find it yourself.. goto de [dot] o2 [dot] com and use the search-field in the top-right. Enter 'palm pre'. Click on the 'Pressemitteilungen (10)' and then the 3rd result '> 13 October 2009: O2 launches Palm Pre'. On this page on the right there are image's of the phone.. WITH QWERTZ-layout )

Anyhow.. i should be able to handle a qwertz keyboard on my phone..

Info on whether I could buy it (either order it online or just by driving to some o2-store in germany) would be great.. does anybody know?

But then swapping it out doesn't look too hard...

http://www.rapidrepair.com/guides/Pa...air-guide.html
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    just preordered my pre today, cant wait to hold it in my own hands, yay!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast