Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I am really liking my Pre, yet am having some issues with certain mobile versions of the websites I use. While the sites themselves work just fine, the actual usable part of the site is always in the upper left corner, and is tiny. I find that I have to resize every single time I go each of these sites, which may be many times a day. Does anybody know of anyway of automatically sizing the page for the Pre? I am open to creative, out of the box solutions.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    How are you resizing the pages now?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    How are you resizing the pages now?
    Pinch and zoom. Double tapping does not work.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    do you wait until the page is loaded? I find double tap (or rotation for that matter) work inconsitently until the page is fully loaded.
    I have certain sites I visit that never size properly either. One example is www[dot]flica[dot]net from the Pre. It is tiny for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by roninj View Post
    Pinch and zoom. Double tapping does not work.
    Are you double tapping the area you want to zoom on? The auto resize resizes to certain blocks, if you're just double tapping aimlessly, you might not be doing it in the right spot...

Any reason in particular you're using the mobile version? I never mess with that stuff on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    do you wait until the page is loaded? I find double tap (or rotation for that matter) work inconsitently until the page is fully loaded.
    I find this as well. However, even after a page is loaded I find some sites work better than others.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    The Pre (and I assume other webkit mobile browsers; I know at least iPhone) need a meta tag in the HEAD of the document to give them a heads up. By default I think they assume sites are the neighborhood of 800 pixels wide and will zoom out to accomodate basically the header tag tells them to start zoomed in. Key points to the meta tag needed (if you want to send it on to the sites webmaster: (note brackets removed from below)

META name="viewport" content="width=320; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;"/

Some of that should be configured per website, but the important part is "initial-scale=1.0"