Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Today I was fairly frustrated with some of the default behaviors on the Pre.

As I know (and I may be missing something here) when the screen goes to sleep when I'm on a call the only way to wake it up is either to open the slider or push the power button.

Today, just as my screen shut off I got another call. I wanted to answer it but wanted to see who it was, but the screen was off so I pushed the power button, but the screen didn't come on (lag?) so I pushed it again and of course, the call was directed to voice mail.

Then, the other day, I was on a call and when I put the phone up to my face to talk the accelerometer (?) failed to activate and a touch of a speed dailpad button had me making a conference call to the same person I was talking to.

Also, with the call and voicemail buttons beside each other I've found I sometimes end up dialing voicemail instead of the number I entered. Which makes me wonder why the voice mail button is even needed a holding down #1 does the same thing.

OK, maybe I sound like a fat fingered neanderthal but I'm not. I just find myself having dialing issues with this interface... and no, this isn't a whinny post only... I'm happy with my Pre overall - no hardware issue either to date... but, I find myself making various kinds of errors with the phone interface that I never made with my 600, 650 or Centro... and I don't think they're all due to my still learning to use the phone. Anyone else having similar issues with the design or implementation of the design at present?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only person in this world who is having problem with the Pre as a phone. My biggest complaint is the fact that this thing behaves rather poorly as a phone, ie, the interface etc. I have problems all the time.

You know what would solve many of my problems? Voice Activated Dialing
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    My only complaint I've had with my Pre so far is with the auto locking when you turn the screen off. If I intentionally hit my power button to turn off my screen, I don't like how I have to slide up the little ball every single time I want to use the phone. If the screen is off, then technically the phone is already locked.
    The screen turns off during a call to prevent your face from bumping the screen and doing something unintentional.

Again, the screen locks so that you dont bump the power button to turn the screen back on and start hitting unintentional buttons. Touchscreen phones are ridiculously easy to accidentally dial someone when not locked.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtiis View Post
    As I know (and I may be missing something here) when the screen goes to sleep when I'm on a call the only way to wake it up is either to open the slider or push the power button.
    I missed this earlier......and I must say I've never had that problem. Yes, the screen goes black to protect you from unintentional button pushing, as Sunsparc has suggested....twice.

But I'm able to bring the screen back to light by moving the phone away from my face. Seems to work EVERY time for me...?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I knew the screen blacks out (locks) when it is placed to the ear - but not always - hence my getting a conference call dialed to the person I was currently speaking with via speedial.

The part I wasn't sure if I'd missed or not is if the power button or slider were the only ways to wake it up. Removing it from my ear does not do so..