Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    i had to return my pre
    the pre just felt cheap, and felt like it would not last more than 3 months.
    and the screen would flash when i would make a call. sometimes the phone would shut off if i closed the slider.....very unreliable.
    also, the screen was kinda small and the keyboard is really a joke!
    overall, i really wanted to like the phone, but the 1st gen has too many problems right now. i loved the "cards" and the OS.
    the pre was my 1st slider phone, and i will never own another slider.

i went back to my bb curve which is very reliable, but i feel like i took a step back with the OS and now i cant multitask.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    The overall conclusions are that the pre has an interesting webos with cheap hardware and problematic reception. Many returns have ensued as a result so you would by no means be alone in an exchange.

Get a phone you can depend on.
    What a bunch of hooey. "Overall conclusions" because a few users on here want to hijack every thread and turn it into a "why everyone needs to be on getting rid of their Pre".

To the OP, if you cannot get your issues resolved with the Pre, you definitely should take it back. However, coming on here should not be your only source to get it fixed. Call CS. That's what they're there for. They may be able to help. They may no. But they have helped others.

As for the "overall conclusion" nonsens, this thread should put that stupidity to rest.

There is no doubt that some people have had problems. There is also no doubt that they are in the minority, and the majority of users are pleased with their purchase. The idea that it's an "overall conclusion" that there are problems is simply in the minds of those that somehow believe the rest of the world rotates on their wants and desires, likes and dislikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    The overall conclusions are that the pre has an interesting webos with cheap hardware and problematic reception.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    What a bunch of hooey. "Overall conclusions" because a few users on here want to hijack every thread and turn it into a "why everyone needs to be on getting rid of their Pre".
    The only 'overall conclusion' that anyone around here has come up with is that treobk214 is really good at parroting what other forum members say. He doesn't own a Pre and has NOT performed any kind of signal strength tests to form his 'overall conclusion'. If you don't believe he's a parrot with no original opinions on the Pre just read THIS post.

Of course the OP should listen to him and not other posters who actually own the Pre making valid suggestions. Using Sprint Only mode is a tried and true method that I have used for years on ALL Sprint devices. Will it work for the OP? I don't know. Are there some devices out there that seem to have reception issues? It looks like there are some. To conclude that the majority of the devices are 'cheap with problematic reception' is faulty logic. I would try one hardware exchange and if that doesn't work get another device or move to another carrier.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Well, this will probably get me flamed, but I'm in a very similar boat with my Pre, although for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, I like it MORE than my iPhone. I love the multitasking and cards, the Touchstone is pure genius, the browser is faster than my iPhone, I really like the little river stone feeling, the area under the screen is genius, and the blacks in the Pre screen are much darker than the iphone which gives the whole thing a rich look.

My problem is just coverage. Sprint offered me an Airave for my office (where I get no Sprint at all), but I have to pay $5/month and it of course only helps in my office vs. when I travel.

I love the Pre and in a year I think either Apple will have to up its game or start seeing lost sales in a big way. But for me, Sprint coverage is a real problem. Too bad, cause AT&T isn't great.

And I bought 2 Pres, 2 touchstones, 3 chargers, and 2 cases. Man, they don't want to see me coming back to the Sprint store with that bag o' goodies.
    Last edited by bryanmsi; 07/15/2009 at 04:06 PM.
    Coverage was a big issue for me. My treo Pro isn't much better. Wonder why the radio seems like a downgrade compared to my Centro. I'm actually going to give the BB Tour a try. Should be interesting. If I could get a nickel for every time I'll press on the screen and ***** that it's not touch. Though they are making a touchscreen qwerty candybar styled phone in the near future. That'll be a winner though I think it's coming to ATT which would be a bummer.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12