Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeYuse0406 View Post
    It is not fanboism (if that's even a word), but the hard true. With the same usage, my 3g and 3gs would have been at under 50%, whereas my Pre still had 60% to go. However, you are free to think whatever you please while I am extremely happy with my pre and the battery life. So far (knock on wood), I have gotten a better device with a better battery life compared to the iPhone, which is nothing more than a big hype.
    Wow, then you must be the only Pre user to get those kind of numbers. Right.

Fact is, the Pre uses up more juice than the iPhone 3GS because 1) it has a lower capacity battery (1150 vs 1220) and 2) can have more than just the Palm-made apps run in the background.
    My battery lasts for up to 40ish hours without a recharge and normal use. Anyone who is killing the battery in less than 12 hours is either a) in a horrible service area or b) is going to get cancer from using their phone WAY too much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I got the Seidio 1350mAh battery for my Treo 800w and I never saw any improvement.
    +1 same experience here with my 800w

If it was really that easy to stuff 1350 mah in the same space as 1150 mah, dont you think Palm would have done it?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    My battery lasts for up to 40ish hours without a recharge and normal use. Anyone who is killing the battery in less than 12 hours is either a) in a horrible service area or b) is going to get cancer from using their phone WAY too much...
    I find this claim to be quite unbelievable. My Pre, in the Washington, DC area, one of Sprints major markets, gets less than 8 hours with minimal use. I take it off the Touchstone at 8:30, have push email enabled, make one, maybe two calls, and it's at 15% by 4pm. Horrible life.

40 hours with this phone and battery? No way.
    I find it unbelievable some of these extremely outrageous battery claims. I live in chicago, a major metro area, and always have good coverage and barely get more than 3/4 of the day before my battery dies. I don't have any music on the pre and only use it currently for basic email and occasional web browsing. Quite frankly the battery life on the Pre imo one of the biggest weaknesses of the device...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have had my Pre for exactly one week today, and I took it off the charger this morning at 6:30am for work, and when I got home from work at 7pm I still had 60% life left. This was with some light texting through out the day, then some heavy texting / youtube viewing at lunch. Only things that were not turned on were wifi and bluetooth.
    I take my Pre off the Touchstone when I leave for work at 6:30ish and usually when I get home by 6ish I'll be down to 55 to 60% depending on my usage during the day. Normally, I check emails randomly, some light texting, take some photos here and there, a couple calls during lunch, check in on Facebook and Twitter off an on and also check Accuweather and do some other web browsing on the bus on the way home.
    Any opinions on this Amzer 1400mAh battery? I never heard of them:

Amzer SmartCell 1400 mAh Slim Extended Battery For Palm - Palm Pre - Fommy.com
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    In addition, my screen brightness is set to about 30-35% which is plenty bright and probably keeps the pixel problems at bay, turn off wifi when not in an available location and bluetooth is off as well. I keep my network updated and set to Sprint only since I know I'm in a decent coverage area (Kansas City)
    My battery life is not amazing, but really...8 hours a day on light usage? That's horrible, and if I had a phone like that, it would be totally unusable. My battery usually lasts about 16 or 17 hours(that's all I need, it can charge the other 8 or 7), and I'm a fairly heavy user. 1+ hours of web surfing, according to Sprint.com, I've been averaging 97 texts a day, and usually 1-2 hours of music playback, sometimes Pandora, sometimes the music app.

This isn't a thread to complain about battery life though: It's a thread about a battery that might solve these complaints. Go to one of the 300 other threads about battery life complaints.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pychozoundz View Post
    This isn't a thread to complain about battery life though: It's a thread about a battery that might solve these complaints. Go to one of the 300 other threads about battery life complaints.
    The discussion is probably better suited to the Pre Accessories discussion subforum; there are already a few threads on the issue:

Got my Seidio 1350mAh battery today
    http://forums.precentral.net/hardwar...-work-pre.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...d-battery.html
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeYuse0406 View Post
    Almost 45 bucks for just an hour or two of more juice!!?? Something I will definitely not consider.
    It's worth it if you're considering an extra battery. It's 12.5% more in price to get 17.4% more capacity than the $40 standard battery.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by JRRuppenthal View Post
    I find this claim to be quite unbelievable. My Pre, in the Washington, DC area, one of Sprints major markets, gets less than 8 hours with minimal use. I take it off the Touchstone at 8:30, have push email enabled, make one, maybe two calls, and it's at 15% by 4pm. Horrible life.

40 hours with this phone and battery? No way.
    Yeah, I call shens. I'm using CPU Scaling and I don't even get those kind of numbers, I could probably get 24 hours of normal use out of the phone right now(thats browsing every now and then, messaging, emailing, I don't talk on the phone) if I pushed it all the way down to 10%.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Makes me wonder why Palm didn't include a 1350 instead of an 1150 in the first place, though.
    I would submit it's for the same reason the half the pre-installed apps are missing tons of obvious features. It's to any device maker's financial advantage to do just enough to make the device work fairly well, and no more. They need to leave some holes open, so that they and licensed third parties can sell all kinds of "upgrades" and "solutions" that should have been included in the first place, so we customers can dish out more and more money at every turn, in order to rid ourselves of the little nuisances that drive us so crazy.

Sound like conspiracy theorist talk? I can promise you it's not. Right or wrong, it's a long held tenet of marketing. Don't give away what you can sell. Palm's hardly the first to do this, and they won't be the last.
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBlockhead View Post
    I would submit it's for the same reason the half the pre-installed apps are missing tons of obvious features. It's to any device maker's financial advantage to do just enough to make the device work fairly well, and no more. They need to leave some holes open, so that they and licensed third parties can sell all kinds of "upgrades" and "solutions" that should have been included in the first place, so we customers can dish out more and more money at every turn, in order to rid ourselves of the little nuisances that drive us so crazy.

Sound like conspiracy theorist talk? I can promise you it's not. Right or wrong, it's a long held tenet of marketing. Don't give away what you can sell. Palm's hardly the first to do this, and they won't be the last.
    I know you're not referring to Apple... /sarcasm hahaha

Yes, Apple is probably most famous for this practice (or should I say infamous?). They provide sub-par earbuds so you have to go out and buy 'special' licensed earbuds for your iphone since their jack is different. Why is their jack different? Because they want to sell you other crap that's only licensed for their iPhone, meaning their 3rd party partners. Everyone makes more money off the consumer, and everyone is happy.

That's marketing for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    It's worth it if you're considering an extra battery. It's 12.5% more in price to get 17.4% more capacity than the $40 standard battery.
    Well, I guess I have to agree with your point of view. When considering a second battery than this would be a heck of a deal.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12