Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I suggest anyone with this problem post on Palm's forum here. They're generally good about looking into problems if enough people have them...

Brett
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Update: After going through several (5?) layers of Sprint support, I'm on the phone with someone who may know what they're talking about. He said this problem has been widely observed with refurbished Pres. Although doing ##RTN# tells me my phone is not refurbished, I did see it arrive in the store in a white envelope without a battery and without any accessories. It was a replacement for a phone with a bubble under the screen, so I suspect it is refurbished. The "advanced tech support" rep is calling a local store to see if they'll swap my Pre with a new one...

I'll keep you posted.

- Brett
    recently ive been getting photos a day or two late, but idk if it is still the issue
    Well how about this! Three of us are sitting in an office. The 2 other people have the same phone on Alltel. I have pictures of both on the Pre. So I pick a picture of Andi and MMS to her phone. She gets it within 1 to 2 minutes. Immediately sent Deb her picture. Yes you guessed it right...Deb did not get hers. So it is difficult to figure out what the problem is. And I don't think it has to do with the size of the picture(taken by the Pre) because both were taken by my Pre and only one went through.

Don't stop your ideas, keep them comming.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Ok, I have preliminary confirmation that there are serious issues receiving MMS messages if you've received a refurbished Pre. You'll know if you have a refurbished device because it will probably have arrived in a white envelope sans accessories and lacking a battery. (Doing ##RTN# in the phone app and looking at the reburb status and date are not accurate) I have four confirmed cases of refurbished phones failing to receive messages and displaying the "failed to download msg " error: my phone, my brother's, another person's here and a fourth person's here. I also have the statement from a Pre 'expert' at Sprint who mentioned that the majority of people with this issue are using refurbished Pres.

If you've had your Pre replaced, I highly suggest you check to make sure MMS messages work properly. If you're getting one replaced, do not accept a refurbished device.

If you're experiencing this problem, please post to the Palm Forum thread here.

Brett
    Last edited by Nrbelex; 07/07/2009 at 10:39 PM.
    Nice work. Nrbelex, you may be on to something. Just a little more info from me. I will select a picture that I want to send, choose to send MMS, and then I notice a white X on a black circle on top of the picture. Has any one taken note of this?

BTW, my Pre is not one of the Reburbs.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Swapping my refurbished Pre for a new (NEW) one. I'll let you know if this resolves it...

- Brett
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Wow! Sprint apparently fixed the problem! Way to go, Sprint/Palm!

Brett
    Glad that it is working out for some, but I'm still getting mixed results. See message #24 above?, well no joy in the afternoon on 7/9. So I still have no idea why it is so sporadic....can send to a T-Mobile phone but not another T-Mobile...can receive from T-mobile...can send/receive from some Verizon phones but not others.....so as I said before, I have no idea what's happening.

george
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by georges326 View Post
    Glad that it is working out for some, but I'm still getting mixed results. See message #24 above?, well no joy in the afternoon on 7/9. So I still have no idea why it is so sporadic....can send to a T-Mobile phone but not another T-Mobile...can receive from T-mobile...can send/receive from some Verizon phones but not others.....so as I said before, I have no idea what's happening.

george
    Hmmm, talk to Sprint. What you have is a pretty different issue. I've heard of delays like that in the past with mixed results in terms of getting a fix from Sprint. At the least, you should probably be credited something for the trouble...
    Thanks for your ideas, Nrbelex. Actually today(7/10) I was able to send a pic to the lady that I could never do so before. I am also getting a feeling that placing a *82 in front of a phone number may be causing a problem. I do the *82 because my phone is a business phone and if I don't so that, the other caller ID says restricted instead of say..."Dad".
    My wife and I just got pres about 2 weeks ago and we seem to have this picture mail problem intermittently. Some days we can receive and send picks and other days all we get is error messages.
    Bump - I've got this same issue, error message and all.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I had the same issues above and this is what fixed it for me (not sure which step as I didn't try until after all of them).

Went into browser and cleared history, cookies, and cache
    Turned off phone and pulled battery for 15 seconds
    Went into Updates app and applied all updates
    Went into Preware app and applied all updates to patches
    Went into Dialer app and enabled data roaming, turned Off and back On Data Usage, did Update Network Settings, and then Update PRL, and finally Reset Voicemail Count

I can now send and receive picture MMS to someone I could not for days before and got all the errors above (blackberry user), I also have a replaced phone. Working great now!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12