Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Can someone please tell me if the touchstone battery door is as slippery as the stock battery door the pre comes with. Also can someone give me an honest opinion regarding the rubberized cases from seidio or any other maker. Im looking for something with grip on the backdoor.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    No, the Touchstone back is not as smooth. I think it feels quite a bit nicer actually.
    the touchstone battery door is perfect! it has a like feel to it and its never slipped from my hand
    Touchstone back is very nice and feels great in your hand. It's also much, much easier to grip. Not sure about cases yet: I'm awaiting the delivery of my Touchstone compatible case from Seidio. That one looks promising
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    BTW does the touchstone door scratch easily?
    Quote Originally Posted by laraiza View Post
    I'd say, nope. I've had mine since 6/6 and nary a scratch or blemish. I'm careful with my Pre, but not crazily so.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    The TS back is a necessity in my opinion. I wish I had it on launch day. I dropped my phone on a tile floor when it slipped out of the microfiber cloth 6 hours after I had bought it. As far as the Seidio case is concerned I have the new Surface case on preorder so I'll let everyone know when I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by laraiza View Post
    I've had my touchstone back without a case or any kind of protector on it and I don't have a single scratch on it, so I would say that it doesn't scratch very easily. In fact, I think you would have to *try* to scratch it (i.e.: by dropping it on a hard surface).
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    I'm using the case that was discussed in the thread here (change to http):
    hxxp://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-accessories/189135-rubberized-hard-case-mini-review.html

I just got this case today and I'm quite happy with it, especially for only 6.95 shipped. Fits well and the rubberized plastic gives a nice grip. There seem to be several sellers of it on eBay. Here's an item number to the store I bought it from (I didn't get the belt clip) plus the price seems to be even cheaper now: 330338884899
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    No marks on my Touchstone back (since launch day), and if I ever wreck it I can buy another without buying another Touchstone.
    I pretty much agree with the other posts. It feels good, and doesn't slip as much. I also saw an ad for e-grips for the Pre today. Alwys had good luck with thm on my Treo.
    I have invisible skins front and back... it added just the right amount of grip to it and doesn't scratch.

Though ironically, if you aren't worried about the front protection, the touchstone back is cheaper.
    I think the back cover that comes with the touchstone is much better than the one that comes with the pre. IMO, the touchstone back cover is the one that should just come with the pre.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    But then they couldn't charge an extra 20 bucks ... or they should have just have the same coating
    Quote Originally Posted by BenS_aTm View Post
    No, the Touchstone back is not as smooth. I think it feels quite a bit nicer actually.
    Doesn't collect fingerprints like the standard back either.
    The Touchstone door is awesome.
    It's tighter than my original door, adds a little "heft" to it and I like the matte back much better.

That being said, if you want to keep the original back but make it less slippery, you may want to look at an Invisible Shield, or something similar, it will cut way down on the "slickness" of the stock battery cover.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    I got the invisishield and ot made world of difference in my hands with regard to getting a better grip.

It also doesn't show fingerprints nor face grease nearly as bad. I think it was totally worth the money.
    the touchstone door is waaaay better than the stock. a case makes it a lot bigger.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    egrips makes a backside skin that is very tacky. they also make a small version which I use for the back which provides just the right amount of grip.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I would say buy the touchstone back even if you don't get a touchstone charger. It is that much better.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast