1.    #1  
    So I have been noticing a few odd issues with Universal Search when a contact has a middle name. This has been talked about in prior threads, but I haven't seen anyone come to these conclusions so I want to test these out:

I am only using my Palm Profile and Facebook in contacts. Being a Palm treo user for many years, I typically only use the First Initial + Last Name search option. But the middle names have given me mixed results.

For example, let's take a contact named "First Middle Last".
    - For some contacts, if I type in FLast, he would show up.
    - Other times, I have to type in FMiddle to find him.
    - Then I realized that Universal Search treats contacts from different source differently!!!!

If a contact is in my Palm Profile: FLAST finds him
    If a contact in Facebook: FMIDDLE find him

This has been very troublesome because a lot of my facebook friends set up their names as First Name, Maiden Name, Last Name, so when I do a search for someone's first and last name they are not showing up! But I found an easy solution: Create a new contact with the same First Middle and Last name and NO OTHER INFORMATION (i.e. no phones, addresses, etc), and then link that to the Facebook contact, you can now use FMIDDLE or FLAST to find that person!

I am not sure how Gmail or other sources work, or if a resource has more than 3 names, but this works every time now!

Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    So I have been noticing a few odd issues with Universal Search when a contact has a middle name. This has been talked about in prior threads, but I haven't seen anyone come to these conclusions so I want to test these out:

I am only using my Palm Profile and Facebook in contacts. Being a Palm treo user for many years, I typically only use the First Initial + Last Name search option. But the middle names have given me mixed results.

For example, let's take a contact named "First Middle Last".
    - For some contacts, if I type in FLast, he would show up.
    - Other times, I have to type in FMiddle to find him.
    - Then I realized that Universal Search treats contacts from different source differently!!!!

If a contact is in my Palm Profile: FLAST finds him
    If a contact in Facebook: FMIDDLE find him

This has been very troublesome because a lot of my facebook friends set up their names as First Name, Maiden Name, Last Name, so when I do a search for someone's first and last name they are not showing up! But I found an easy solution: Create a new contact with the same First Middle and Last name and NO OTHER INFORMATION (i.e. no phones, addresses, etc), and then link that to the Facebook contact, you can now use FMIDDLE or FLAST to find that person!

I am not sure how Gmail or other sources work, or if a resource has more than 3 names, but this works every time now!

Hope this helps!
    I am adding this for 2.0. Thanks,

Craig