Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Candles View Post
    Rather than putting the Pre in Airplane Mode at a certain time I'd rather have a scheduler for the mail sync so I can have my work email syncing as mail arrives from 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday and from 6pm to 7am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday have it sync every 30-60 minutes.
    That would be awsome. Also I would like to throw in the option of having a rotating schedule in place for those people like me who go on-call every so many weeks. So when I go on call I would automaticly switch from 7am to 6pm to 24/7 then back once my on-call is complete.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykik View Post
    This may be a nice "option" but certainly cannot and should not be touted as a "solution" to the battery life issue...
    Rob, I agree that this does not fix the Pre battery problems. In fact in the OP, I had said that this would "be a start." Palm obviously has some CPU usage issues and much more to address. They need to approach the battery problem from a number of fronts. I will add another sentence to make that more clear in the OP.

Even as they address those problems, I think that the ability to automatically power down the phone needs to be addressed as well. And unlike CPU usage this should be a quick one to fix.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Candles View Post
    Rather than putting the Pre in Airplane Mode at a certain time I'd rather have a scheduler for the mail sync so I can have my work email syncing as mail arrives from 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday and from 6pm to 7am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday have it sync every 30-60 minutes.
    I forgot about that feature from my Treo until the other night when I was awoken by a new mail alert going off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    To the original poster:
    Very Dumb idea.
    Some of us practice medicine and need the pre ON.
    Please do not generalize when saying what YOU want in future.
    Umm, adding that feature wouldn't force you to use it. You're generalizing as much, if not more, than the OP. Adding the feature gives a benefit to those who need it. Not adding gives no one the option of using it.

No, it's not a dumb idea. The only thing dumb is those who think that because they can't use a feature it's dumb to add it.

This is just one of the many areas in which the Pre is, shall we say, under featured. Right now, my P-OS Treo is more powerful than the Pre in it's current state (Power defined by what it's capable of doing, not by the processor or "potential.")

What I don't get, though, is people who buy the Pre without fully researching its capabilities and limitations, and then complain about missing features that are well known to anyone who does a little searching. Before I'll spend $200 or more on a phone, I'll make dang sure I know what I'm getting into.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123