Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have to say I have forgotten to plug my pre in a few times, but each time I woke up to 10% battery or so. I'm not going to bed with a full charge either...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Why all the hostility? I think it is a good idea for some people. I had such a feature on my Centro and I regularly used it. With my phone off from midnight to 6 am, I was able to get 3 days off a charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDoG76 View Post
    I charge my pre at night while i'm sleeping. This isn't an option for you?
    I've seen that same "complaint" more times than I care to remember.
    "My phone gets horrible battery life. It's dead when I wake up".
    Hours and hours of doing nothing draining the battery instead of being plugged in doing nothing.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Not sure why you'd want your pre to be on airplane mode if you're not on an airplane..
    Having an option for the phone to sleep during certain times sounds like a good idea. I think it's the tone of the OP that is a little sucky.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Rather than putting the Pre in Airplane Mode at a certain time I'd rather have a scheduler for the mail sync so I can have my work email syncing as mail arrives from 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday and from 6pm to 7am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday have it sync every 30-60 minutes.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    I just got this hilarious image of someone carefully aiming the microUSB plug at the slot, then trying to jam it in, and missing the slot every time over and over, before finally giving up, putting the phone down, and going to bed.

I'm sure that's not the case, but is it really that hard to plug your phone in when you go to bed every night?
    I think Ive been that drunk
    How about some kind of energy miser mode?

For instance, if the GPS tells the phone its moving... as in down the road, then turn off wifi which will not do most of us any good.

And shouldn't the GPS stay off unless you actually access something that uses it?
    This really is the dumbest thread I've read on this board. Wow.
    Is it hard on it to leave it on the charger that long (over night). I know on older phones they always told me not to leave set it on charger once it's charged?
    Quote Originally Posted by g42guy View Post
    Is it hard on it to leave it on the charger that long (over night). I know on older phones they always told me not to leave set it on charger once it's charged?
    No. The circuitry in the phone stops the charging action once it gets to peak voltage. You'll get a little extra heat maybe, just from the fact that the circuitry keeps running, but nothing serious. This is with Li-ion batteries, other battery chemistries are a whole different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDoG76 View Post
    I charge my pre at night while i'm sleeping. This isn't an option for you?
    Touchstone FTW!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbizzle View Post
    This really is the dumbest thread I've read on this board. Wow.
    It's so dumb that it scares me. I know I'm a dork and I have to read these posts because I am so obsessed with the greatness of my new Pre, but seriously, dude, either charge the phone at night or JUST TURN IT OFF.

I apologize, but just ridiculous.
    FWIW, since I switched the network setting to "Sprint Only", I have great battery life.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    This made me think about a feature that was on my old Blackberry. It basically had the ability to turn itself on & off at a certain time on any given day. That would be some great functionality to add to the Pre
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    They can reduce battery usage by 1/3 by just working out the kinks in cpu scaling. I leave everything going on my phone and get phenomenal battery life. I believe in giving up as little as possible functionality wise, and with scaling, I give up nothing, and truly enjoy my phone.

Also, WiFi disables itself when the screen turns off, unless you're actively using an app like Pandora that uses it.
    I also hope that Palm will address CPU usage to help get better battery life.

I will add the note about WiFi powering down automatically when the screen goes blank to the Tips and Tricks. That is a great feature. Here is the rough draft:

►The WiFi will power down automatically to save battery life when the display is off unless certain web apps or pages were left running.
    ►To save battery don't have cards (apps) running that you are not using.

It makes sense that if you still have Pandora on when the screen goes off, it is still running. Weather radar apps and websites can kill battery life if left running because they are constantly updating.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Who doesn't charge their phone over night?
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Why all the hostility? I think it is a good idea for some people. I had such a feature on my Centro and I regularly used it. With my phone off from midnight to 6 am, I was able to get 3 days off a charge.
    That is exactly it!

On my Treo I could power down the phone, etc. every night. That way I did not get phone, email, or text message alerts at 2 am. I could also make it 3 days on my Treo between charges if I was not using it much.

For me, if I forget to charge the Pre every night I wake up to a completely dead Pre. Invariably the reason I am going to the Pre first thing is to make a call, send a text or email, or whatever. But it takes about 15 minutes on a charger for the Pre to be usable again.

- Craig
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhyde View Post
    Who doesn't charge their phone over night?
    With light usage, my old Treo could make it 3 days between charges.

The last time I had to charge a phone every night was in 2001. We will all quickly learn to go back to the old ways.

There was just so much I had taken for granted in a Palm Treo.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    This may be a nice "option" but certainly cannot and should not be touted as a "solution" to the battery life issue.

Sure some folks may slap their heads and say, "great idea" but I imagine that many more would be insulted if Sprint claimed that this was a "fix" for the battery life issue.

Like nearly everyone else, the Pre gets charged at night and starts the day fully charged. The challenge for some is to make that battery last during their active day when the last thing they want to do is leave the phone in airplane mode.

Be well,
    Rob
    Place witty signature here:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast