Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is really bothering me, as I've tried everything but can't figure this out. When I click on the "Web" application, a new screen shows up. What also shows up are 6 vertical boxes showing web pages I recently visited. How do I delete/remove all these boxes showing where I last logged onto? I want nothing to show where I last visited for web sites if possible. Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Someone visited some naughty sites...
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Preferences -> Clear xxx?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhyde View Post
    Someone visited some naughty sites...
    Yes, and worse, a girl/friend noticed too!
    Casey
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Preferences -> Clear xxx?
    I've tried everything within the Web application, nothing works to clear these 6 boxes. Are you referring to Preferences within the Web app?
    Casey
    Did you try the clear option in Bookmarks?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    This is really bothering me, as I've tried everything but can't figure this out. When I click on the "Web" application, a new screen shows up. What also shows up are 6 vertical boxes showing web pages I recently visited. How do I delete/remove all these boxes showing where I last logged onto? I want nothing to show where I last visited for web sites if possible. Thanks, Casey

I think you are mistaken. The Boxes showing web pages are from your Favorites, not your recent history. Delete them from your favorites (Go to Favorites and swipe) to get rid of them.

Also, while in your list of favorites, if you hold down on the item until it turns grey, you can now move it up and down to sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitski View Post
    I think you are mistaken. The Boxes showing web pages are from your Favorites, not your recent history. Delete them from your favorites (Go to Favorites and swipe) to get rid of them.

Also, while in your list of favorites, if you hold down on the item until it turns grey, you can now move it up and down to sort.

There is a bug though that shows the pages you last visited in the book mark icons (the icon picture only not that actual book mark). i think that is what he is talking about. Like on my engadget icon I have the Precentral page show up sometimes.

I'm not sure what causes this but it seems random and I can't replicate it at will. A reset usually fixes it if a browser cache and history clear does not.

I think there may be some code in there that was designed for the top 8 visited sites to show up on the icon screen instead of just the first 8 or how ever many there are and that the device bugs out from time to time.
    You may not WANT to delete the bookmarks because the Pre may (I am not certain, as I have bookmarks) place the last sites youve visited there if you dont have any bookmarks.

I dont have an issue with the thumbs of the bookmarks showing images from past websites I've visited (that are not in my bookmarks).
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitski View Post

Yes, I think you are correct, the thumbnail picture boxes are part of my bookmarks.

However, I still DON'T want these thumbnail boxes shown on the screen, and neither do I want to delete these bookmarks.

So is there no way to do this?
    Casey
    Yes, and worse, a girl/friend noticed too!
    Hahahaha, im glad im not the only one with a crazyy girl that checks last visited websites!! I had to learn the hardway to buddy haha, I just stopped going to them simple as that!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Lauderdale View Post
    Hahahaha, im glad im not the only one with a crazyy girl that checks last visited websites!! I had to learn the hardway to buddy haha, I just stopped going to them simple as that!

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how to remove/delete these website boxes, because some of these sites I visit are...well, you know!!

Doesn't anyone out there know the answer?
    Casey
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    You could try saving your bookmarks as launcher items (those icons don't get updated with each visit) and then delete them from your bookmarks list in the web app. When you create a launcher item for a website url it lets you adjust what part of the webpage is used for the icon.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    When you create a launcher item for a website url it lets you adjust what part of the webpage is used for the icon.
    Ok, that is a cool feature. How do you do that?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    All I see are the bookmarks. Maybe it's an issue if you don't have the max? (Which is 12.)

How about menu/Preferences/Clear History?
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koxler View Post
    Ok, that is a cool feature. How do you do that?
    In the Web app menu select Page>Add to Launcher, on the next screen tap the icon at the top of the page, you can then scroll and zoom the image to get the part you want into the light colored square, then tap Done. You can also change the title for the item then tap Add to Launcher.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    In the Web app menu select Page>Add to Launcher, on the next screen tap the icon at the top of the page, you can then scroll and zoom the image to get the part you want into the light colored square, then tap Done. You can also change the title for the item then tap Add to Launcher.

That's cool! Thanks for explaining how to do this. Next question is how to delete a web app icon from my launcher? I guess that's the same as asking how to delete any app whatsoever, which I also don't know how to do. This is a shame, because with my past Treos, I knew how to do everything, now even the simplest thing puzzles me!
    Casey
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    That's cool! Thanks for explaining how to do this. Next question is how to delete a web app icon from my launcher? I guess that's the same as asking how to delete any app whatsoever, which I also don't know how to do. This is a shame, because with my past Treos, I knew how to do everything, now even the simplest thing puzzles me!
    Hold the orange option key down while tapping an icon.
    Orange button plus touching the icon will give you the option of removing any icon that isn't part of the rom.
  20.    #20  
    Thank you both! Works great!
    Casey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast