Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am thinking about getting one and was wondering how it is as a phone.
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    It's a phone too?
    Do a search. I'm not saying that as an admonition, but really as advice: there are many, many threads that cover this topic. A search will provide more material than you can probably digest.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I was wondering the same thing. Has anyone heard anything about this phone at all? When does it even come out?
    There have been reports on here of reception issues, but of the 2 pres that are in my house neither has any of the reception issues that are reported. Both lines had blackberry curves before the upgrades to the pre and in my experience there isnt any difference between the blackberries and the pres.
    I love it as a phone, clear and loud. (Speakerphone is a little quiet though) Some of the reviews stated that features were missing from the phone "app" but I can't remember what those were and probably wouldn't use them anyways :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Has anyone heard anything about this phone at all? When does it even come out?
    Latest rumor is it will come out at the end of the month
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I still have about the same reception as my old i870 nextel phone in the building where I work ,I get a signal in every room. Where as one person with an Iphone has to keep it by the window just to get one signal bar. I could also get good signal anywhere in walmart.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemusic4us View Post
    I am thinking about getting one and was wondering how it is as a phone.
    Thanks.
    I believe the sound quality on the Pre end of things is very good. Better than any previous CDMA phone I've had.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Do a search. I'm not saying that as an admonition, but really as advice: there are many, many threads that cover this topic. A search will provide more material than you can probably digest.
    Yes I did this ofcourse before I posted. And there seem to be lots of people with voice quality, reception issues. But lots that say theirs is fine. Just trying to make a decision based on what people who have the phone have experienced.

BTW, thanks to the people that posted useful, informational replies.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    There is a 2 second lag from when you answer the phone to when the phone software loads. Otherwise quality of call has been solid
    Quote Originally Posted by dajlol77 View Post
    I love it as a phone, clear and loud. (Speakerphone is a little quiet though) :]
    really??? mine is very quiet. can't hardly hear when i'm in a loud place

the speaker phone is directed away from you. cup your hand over it and it will help. bad design!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrykel View Post
    I still have about the same reception as my old i870 nextel phone in the building where I work ,I get a signal in every room. Where as one person with an Iphone has to keep it by the window just to get one signal bar. I could also get good signal anywhere in walmart.
    Oh Thank God I can now go to Walmart and get reception. I was worried there for a moment. :P
    As good as a phone as any of my flipphones on sprint, and better than my Diamond was at being a phone.
    Very good from my experience. had a touch pro, sometimes i feel as though the call quality is better!
    I wouldnt say that all Wal-Marts are the same reception-wise! I honestly dont understand why cell reception is bad in Wal-Mart...the roof is thin and most of them have skylights (to help reduce power consumption with lights). Maybe they have cell blockers to keep their workers busy.

With that being said, my reception has been excellent and the voice quality is pretty good. Speakerphone conversations are doable, and most people dont complain of echos, but the volume could be better.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    My previous phone was a moto q , so this is a huge upgrade for me. I talk to a few people long distance and when I told them that I got a new phone they said that they could tell by the voice quality. Almost everyone has stated that they can hear me louder and clearer. With my old moto q phone I would get lof droppped calls in my house. With the new Pre I havent dropped a call yet.
    It is not great.

Reception is generally far less consistent then other current generation Sprint phones.

I am experiencing echos bad enough to require a call back once every 20-25 calls that I have not experienced with other Sprint phones.

The microphone is overly sensitive, background noise easily overpowers the outgoing audio and leads to very poor sound quality anywhere but a silent room. In that silent room, it sounds clear.

The dialer software is extremely slow and laggy.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Just switched from AT&T and a Treo 650.

Call quality is far better, both speaking and hearing both using just the handset and when paired with my car's BT hands-free. I've verified with most people I've spoken to that the call quality is good.

No echoes. No software lags.
    I can only compare it to an iPhone 3G on AT&T, as that was my last phone it two years.

The call quality is much better on the Pre than it was on the 3G.
    I get a much better signal as well, with the iPhone, even when I had two bars it was questionable if the call was going to go through or not.
    On the Pre, with two bars, I get perfect call quality and in this area I haven't run in to a situation where I made a call with less that two bars.

Comparing it to that phone on that network in this area, the pre is a FAR better phone.

Personally I think it's a much better device all around, but that's off topic I guess.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast