Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I started noticing this not too long after the 1.04 update. My phone will randomly crash while accessing apps. For instance, while in the camera app, photo app, email and a lot during web browsing. The OS will stop responding, frozen screen, and then it fades to the palm loading screen. I am also getting really strange things going on in the browser as well. Loading Facebook for example, the page will fully load and then a few moments later ill get the spinning load circle that pops up when you are streaming video, and then the page reloads with the buttons/pictures all corrupted. Im almost wondering if this is a storage issue? Maybe my data got corrupted and its crashing while trying to access that data? aka browser cache, photos, email attachments?

I am not trying to make this another complaint thread, I love this phone, but I want it to work :P I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this and I'm trying to figure out if I need to take advantage of this last day to exchange it. Thanks.
    Mine's not crashing, but since 1.0.4 (or 1.0.3 at the earliest) I've definitely noticed a slowdown soon after a reboot. I've noticed this most in email (scrolling becomes very slow and choppy, and clicking on an account and then an email invokes a number of significant pauses) and the phone app (accepting a call takes a few seconds and/or multiple clicks, clicking to hang up has a significant pause, and actually disconnecting has a significant delay).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Yeah the sluggishness doesn't bother me as much as the crashing. Is anyone getting lockups or browser issues like these?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Really getting a lag when attempting to answer calls the last couple days myself. Sometimes the call is never answered and the phone rings and rings.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    yes my phone either goes black then needs a reboot when going into browser or when i open the browser it opens up 10 browser windows until i get the memory warning. it doesn't happen all the time and I can't seem to find a trigger for these actions. both issues cropped started happening out of the blue just recently.
    This is my first post so believe me when I say I've been experiencing these crashsed since the 1.04 update as well. I placed my pre in airplane mode and tried to browse using my wifi at home and the browser on my phone would just hang. Not so sure whats causing this but im starting to get concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    Really getting a lag when attempting to answer calls the last couple days myself. Sometimes the call is never answered and the phone rings and rings.
    Nope, no crashes. I've really been pretty amazed at how stable my Pre has been.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Driving through North Florida yesterday my Pre started crashing whenever I would receive or send a text message. Then I realized it was probably the dreaded slider reboot problem where the battery is not making contact.

So I slid into a Sprint store in Tallahassee hoping for relief. They rebooted my phone. That's it. They rebooted the phone. I politely and patiently told them that the phone had already done that about six times in the last 35 minutes.

I went back in my car and used nail clippers to trim a couple of pieces of paper to wedge in the battery compartment.

Yep, so here we are: state of the art software housed in hardware that appears to be made by the lowest bidder and nowhere near fit for mobility.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Ya I have the slider close crash as well but this seems to be different I get a full on OS lockup for about 15 seconds and then the phone reboots by itself. I never experienced this until recently Oh well I guess ill go in and see about an exchange on the last day, which also sucks cause I have pretty solid hardware other than the slider crash...No stuck pixels and only a slight screen wobble.