Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Yes, I did search before I posted this.

    My phone has been on a dead battery screen for about an hour now. I plugged in the usb charger and It still is on the screen. Is something wrong with the battery?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    Yes, I did search before I posted this.

    My phone has been on a dead battery screen for about an hour now. I plugged in the usb charger and It still is on the screen. Is something wrong with the battery?
    Hmm seems like it, it shouldn't take that long, but I will say that it sucks that this phone will not power up as soon as you plug it in... every phone i've ever had powers up as soon as you plug it in... nothing like waiting 10 mins to call someone back after plugging in when your battery dies.
  3. #3  
    Did you try to turn it on like you normally would? If not, remove the battery for a while and plug it back in and try again. Make sure you remove the USB plug too.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Did you try to turn it on like you normally would? If not, remove the battery for a while and plug it back in and try again. Make sure you remove the USB plug too.
    I did try that...When i replaced the battery and pressed the power button. A screen with an electrical plug and a question mark appeared. So I plugged it back in and i still have the same screen.
  5. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #5  
    From what I have read the phone has a feature that if the battery goes too low it wont turn on until the battery reaches a minimum level. Charging via usb is very slow. I would suggest plugging it into the wall charger and leaving alone for an hour at least. Should start up fine after that.
  6. #6  
    Pull the battery out and put it back in... then try again.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    From what I have read the phone has a feature that if the battery goes too low it wont turn on until the battery reaches a minimum level. Charging via usb is very slow. I would suggest plugging it into the wall charger and leaving alone for an hour at least. Should start up fine after that.
    It's up and running now. It took two hours in the wall charger. I read that it only took 20 minutes which is why I was concerned. It is working fine now. Talk about a slow charge.
  8. #8  
    may want to keep an eye on this issue - palm is aware of a bad batch of batteries (i had one) and they will replace the battery for you should this happen again.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    It's up and running now. It took two hours in the wall charger. I read that it only took 20 minutes which is why I was concerned. It is working fine now. Talk about a slow charge.
    How long have you had the phone? My second or third charge took about 6 hours, the rest have been fine.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    How long have you had the phone? My second or third charge took about 6 hours, the rest have been fine.
    I picked up my Pre on launch day. I've never completely let the battery run down until yesterday an I probably wont again.
  11. Nrbelex's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    ...it sucks that this phone will not power up as soon as you plug it in... every phone i've ever had powers up as soon as you plug it in... nothing like waiting 10 mins to call someone back after plugging in when your battery dies.
    Amen - I was in shock when I realized this...

Posting Permissions