Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Surprised no-one has posted this before -- probably because no-one has had the Pre long enough to fill up the ~7GB of space yet! Although I suspect heavy iTunes users might have enough to overflow things.

Anyway, want to free up 7MB of space on your Pre? You can plug the phone into your computer as a USB device and delete the file HaveFun.mp4 -- this is the "welcome" video that plays when you activate the phone.

Hmm. I wonder what will happen is someone has to do a complete cold reset of the phone and go through activation again, and that file is missing? Does that file get copied there again from ROM? Perhaps replacing it with a really short, small HaveFun.mp4 would be safer.

I copied mine over to my laptop just for the heck of it, then deleted the copy on the phone (not that I've come anywhere near filling up the Pre yet, as I haven't loaded any music or anything).

If anyone knows the answer to the "what about reset" question, let us know! And, since I don't know the answer, delete at your own risk.
    Rob is that You?
    I don't know about the reset question but I deleted it after watching it on my comp. Here's hoping I never have to do a cold reset of the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerX10 View Post
    I don't know about the reset question but I deleted it after watching it on my comp. Here's hoping I never have to do a cold reset of the phone.
    Not 100% sure, but I would guess that the "Full Erase" option would not restore the video, however using the webOS Doctor tool would restore the video (since it's essentially reflashing the ROM to the device).

I'm no expert and I could be off-base, but that is my understanding.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I deleted have fun the first time I USB'd... It came back...must be an automatic like the 'in-your-face' 'screw you' NASCAR app
    Last edited by hdhuntr; 07/06/2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: sp
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre