Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I bought my Pre at a Radio Shack in New York. Now I'm in California and the Radio Shack's in town don't have any Pre's to exchange. (They say they haven't had any at all!) The salesperson said that the manager would allow me to exchange when they finally come in, in a few weeks.

I went to the Sprint store and they said they can't exchange it since it came from Radio Shack.

Any ideas?
    Yeah that is generally how it works. You should do a return and then purchase at a corporate store as they will have more inventory. Annoying yeah, but that is the price of working with 3rd parties.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    I bought my Pre at a Radio Shack in New York. Now I'm in California and the Radio Shack's in town don't have any Pre's to exchange. (They say they haven't had any at all!) The salesperson said that the manager would allow me to exchange when they finally come in, in a few weeks.

I went to the Sprint store and they said they can't exchange it since it came from Radio Shack.

Any ideas?
    Go to a corporate store, talk to a manager, and explain the situation. I am in the same boat with Best Buy. The manager asked if it was an issue where the phone was, or was going to be unusable, I said not really, and I was told the day after the 30 days is up Sprint can exchange as a defect. Before the 30 days, the phone is in the system as being bought from another company, and your contract is through radio shack, not Sprint, so it takes a lot of headaches to get things done.
    same here on one of our Pres, radio shack is out of stock for exchange...any ideas will be helpful
    I have the same issue. I think I'm just going to go into the Radio Shack I bought it from and just put some sort of annotation "owing" me a new phone when they get one in, even though my 30 days are up on the 10th.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    i had this issue with radioshack and it took two weeks to find an exchange. after calling a couple around the NYC area and even the one that i purchased my pre from i realized that they were only selling their pres to new customers and would hide the fact that they had them in stock unless you were a new customer. I would call and when i asked if they had the pre in stock i was answered with the question "are you a new or existing customer?" I finally walked into the store as a new customer and when they brought one out i took out my pre with accesssories and all and finally exchanged them. The manager was pissed and fought me tooth and nail, but in the end i got a flawless pre.
    yea i was getting the run around with radioshack as well. if you want to exchange your pre dont let them know that right away. first you should ask if they have any in stock then once you're sure that they do, tell them you want to exchange yours for another. most radioshacks are only getting like one or two phones at a time and the sales associates are making really good commission off of them so they won't give them up without a bit of a fight.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    It's so strange to hear there are still stock problems. I went to my local sprint store in Portland Oregon, in a big business park, lots of customers, I went on a Friday and they had 8 in stock and one was just going out the door, came back Saturday to finally take the plunge, and they had got another shipment in and had 15 in stock at that point. The guy went through 4 new ones with me just so I got the exact one I wanted.

I would DEFINITELY return it and go to a corporate store, it seems they aren't have ANY issue with stock on hand.

Mario
    in the NYC broadway and 72nd Street RadioShack, asst mgr "Eunice" will call around to other stores and will go there to pick up the Pre and bring it back to her location (for a new pre and also for an exchange)
    And apparently, Radio Shacks in certain areas aren't authorized to sell the Pre, at least according to a Ventura County Radio Shack employee I talked to. I picked up mine (and exchanged it for another one) at a Radio Shack in Los Angeles county.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    yea i was getting the run around with radioshack as well. if you want to exchange your pre dont let them know that right away. first you should ask if they have any in stock then once you're sure that they do, tell them you want to exchange yours for another. most radioshacks are only getting like one or two phones at a time and the sales associates are making really good commission off of them so they won't give them up without a bit of a fight.
    This Radio Shack in California hasn't had any Pres at all...
    radio shack in Brooklyn has many in stock as of last week
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I'm having this same situation...sort of.

I bought at an independently owned sprint store. I was told I would have to go to one of their stores to exchange, not a corporate store. (I just recently learned this, apparently not all Sprint stores are created equal?)

Anyways, the one in my area that is connected to the one I bought from said they may get on this afternoon. Then I told them it was for a return. And they said they would call me when they have one available, but he asked "Is it functional for a day or two?"

What that tells me is that he isn't going to be giving me first dibs on any phones coming in. Seems to me that when he thought I was just going to buy one, it would be ready this afternoon. When I wanted to exchange...it was a day or two.

You guys think I should just keep calling back until I get a definitive "Yes we have some Pre's in stock, and then tell him its for an exchange?"