Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Since I'm going to be exchanging my Pre yet again (wobbly slider), I've put together a test. I'm hoping others can chime in and add things to it.

Slider

• Pull slider up 1/4 an inch and try to wobble
    • Pull slider up a few times and check if the phone resets

Battery

• Pull the back cover. Does the battery look tight, or does it look like it could be affected by the slider reset issue?

Electronics

• Go to Device Info, then More Info, then run Quick Tests in the menu (tests RAM, CPU, etc.)
    • Run Interactive Tests on the hardware buttons (test every single key on the keyboard), audio, and GPS

Display

• Run Interactive Tests on the touch sensors and screen
    • Go into a dark room, or at least under a desk, and look for discoloration at the bottom
    • Check for dead pixels. Easiest way is to reboot the phone or load something with a dark screen (i.e. Pandora)
    Why would you want to pull up a 1/4 inch and try to make it wobble? If it wobbles when you try to make it wobble, it's going to wobble. It's made up of two pieces, not one. If it wobbles a lot on its own, I understand that as a problem. If you're purposely making it wobble and complaining that a moves a mm or 2, then you're an ***** and need to stick to a one-piece phone.
    Last edited by oddlou; 07/06/2009 at 12:19 AM. Reason: repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieck View Post
    Since I'm going to be exchanging my Pre yet again (wobbly slider), I've put together a test. I'm hoping others can chime in and add things to it.

Slider

• Pull slider up 1/4 an inch and try to wobble
    • Pull slider up a few times and check if the phone resets

Battery

• Pull the back cover. Does the battery look tight, or does it look like it could be affected by the slider reset issue?

Electronics

• Go to Device Info, then More Info, then run Quick Tests in the menu (tests RAM, CPU, etc.)
    • Run Interactive Tests on the hardware buttons (test every single key on the keyboard), audio, and GPS

Display

• Run Interactive Tests on the touch sensors and screen
    • Go into a dark room, or at least under a desk, and look for discoloration at the bottom
    • Check for dead pixels. Easiest way is to reboot the phone or load something with a dark screen (i.e. Pandora)
    Why not do this BEFORE you leave the sprint store??
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    That's the whole point of this thread - tests to perform BEFORE you leave the Sprint store, so that if something's amiss you can get another (and another?) from them.

As far as the wobbling test goes - I don't mean violently, I just mean a simple little wobble test. I don't think (I hope!) that's enough to make it wobble for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieck View Post
    Kind of creepy. I was just telling my wife I am going to mine these threads for different issues I need to check for when we get our phones on August 1st. I don't want to leave the store until I have 2 good phones.

Hopefully this thread will take off, I think it could be useful.

Thanks.