Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    What is the monthly cost people are paying who bought their phones from best buy?

The Sprint Plan and the Best Buy plans each have advantages and disadvantages...

I'd like to get an idea of the cost difference.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Best Buy is $10/month.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    It is $9.99, but for some reason they only charge me $6.99. The positive side is that there is no deductible, but I think that they don't cover theft/loss and water submersion. Also, they will need to ship your phone out for up to 2 weeks and only then will you get a replacement. This is my understanding.
    Global Posts
    2,636 Global Posts
    Best Buy WAS $9.99/mo, but it seems they reduced the price to $6.99/mo. I recently exchanged my Pre due to a very bad/twisting slider, and I received a $3 credit and a new monthly insurance cost of $6.99/mo. This change took place sometime in the week and a half I had the first phone. *shrug*

Sprint's TEP plan is $7/mo.

Which one is better is tough to say. Best Buy's plan doesn't have a deductible on a full replacement, but it doesn't cover loss or theft, while Sprint's plan does. So if you have Sprint's TEP plan, and leave your phone at the bar due to a few too many Jack and Cokes, you pay a $100 deductible (tier 2 phones have a higher deductible now) and get a new Pre (well likely a refurbished one).

For me, the real difference comes down to whether or not you're the type to lose electronics, or jump into a pool with it in your pocket (BB supposedly doesn't cover full water submersion). Also, as a consumer, I've always felt like I have more bargaining power at BB. Maybe it's because how much money I spend there lol. But I feel more often than not, I could get a BB manager to just swap my phone out with a brand new one on the spot if I push the right buttons. I can't say that about a Sprint Repair Center.

Your mileage may vary of course.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have the Best Buy. 9.99 a month insurance plan.

My earpiece on my Pre just went dead randomly the other day. My phone had very little wear and tear, but the earpiece just went dead outa no where. The only way to use the phone feature of the device was to use speaker phone.

I just took my Pre into Best Buy, and it was about a 45 minute process to get my loner phone. Also I was told I could have 50percent off and free install on a new Zagg Shield, which is pretty nice.

I will post again once I get my new Pre. Give a report on my thoughts of the Best Buy Insurance program, let you guys know how it went.

Hopefully it doesn't take more then 5 business days. I was told by the Best Buy Rep, that he has seen a Iphone get replaced in just 3 days, so I am crossing my fingers it takes no longer then that.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbg1725 View Post
    I have the Best Buy. 9.99 a month insurance plan.

My earpiece on my Pre just went dead randomly the other day. My phone had very little wear and tear, but the earpiece just went dead outa no where. The only way to use the phone feature of the device was to use speaker phone.

I just took my Pre into Best Buy, and it was about a 45 minute process to get my loner phone. Also I was told I could have 50percent off and free install on a new Zagg Shield, which is pretty nice.

I will post again once I get my new Pre. Give a report on my thoughts of the Best Buy Insurance program, let you guys know how it went.

Hopefully it doesn't take more then 5 business days. I was told by the Best Buy Rep, that he has seen a Iphone get replaced in just 3 days, so I am crossing my fingers it takes no longer then that.
    I work in BBM, iphones are rapid exchange (apple's policy) so that is why the customer got his phone that quick, also why that plan is $15 a month. Your Pre, not to discourage, will probably take 2-3 weeks unless deemed exchange in-store by RMS. Just thought I'd let you know.

Also, starting mid-sept, we will be increasing our turn around times to get phones done much faster.

Out of the choice, I took BB's plan and not cause I work here but just for the fact of some of the phones I've seen approved when they've been beat up like crazy. So to me, our plans work. And I also like the fact there is no money out of pocket to get it fixed, just the wait time.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    You might also consider your home owner insurance policy. I got my pre and two other phones covered for $45 per year. Covers theft, loss, water damage, etc. No deductable but would have to wait for reimbursement.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd7318 View Post
    I work in BBM, iphones are rapid exchange (apple's policy) so that is why the customer got his phone that quick, also why that plan is $15 a month. Your Pre, not to discourage, will probably take 2-3 weeks unless deemed exchange in-store by RMS. Just thought I'd let you know.

Also, starting mid-sept, we will be increasing our turn around times to get phones done much faster.

Out of the choice, I took BB's plan and not cause I work here but just for the fact of some of the phones I've seen approved when they've been beat up like crazy. So to me, our plans work. And I also like the fact there is no money out of pocket to get it fixed, just the wait time.
    +1 to all of this.

Loaner phone and data transfer if there is a replacement phone is awesome!

- Geek Squad Agent Mock
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    do you know of anyway to check on the status of my device?