Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    One way I've seen it handled on some forums is that when you go to make a post, it sees what you've put in for your subject line, and then it gives you some suggestions for existing threads you might want to check out first. Obviously that relies on the forum system to be able to be accurate, but even if it just returned a handful of search results with some intelligence, it might cut down on the number of reposts.

/Kevin
    I believe that this forum already does this if I'm not mistaken. It certainly is a good forum feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    I believe that this forum already does this if I'm not mistaken. It certainly is a good forum feature.
    Maybe it does. I think I've only started one or two threads myself (after diligently searching, of course!), and I really don't remember.

I guess ultimately I just want people to all play nicely.

/Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    In the amount of time it took to find those URLs and use your sarcastic eye-rolling, you could have just re-explained it or just given him/her the proper search terms to use to find those threads.

Why are these forums so hostile? Wow.

/Kevin
    Regardless of the tone (agree it could've been more diplomatic), you should thank him for providing those links for you. I too am anxiously awaiting Shazam for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8 View Post
    Regardless of the tone (agree it could've been more diplomatic), you should thank him for providing those links for you. I too am anxiously awaiting Shazam for the Pre.
    I wasn't the OP, so I didn't want the links, but you're right -- the OP should be grateful for the links regardless of the manner in which they were delivered.

/Kevin
    My pre has a video camera.. little icon to the right when u activate the camera, tap it and it swaps to record a video.
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    Before I got the Diamond (on Sprint of course) I would have agreed with you but I loved the Diamond, did everything I wanted with no problems and prior to the Pre was the closest thing Sprint had to the iPhone. If the Pre hasn't improved all the little things it needs by the end of the year I'll switch to either WM or Android. By little things I mean...

1.) Music ID aka the entire reasoning behind this thread
    2.) Voice Dialing
    3.) Cut, Copy, and Paste thats actually WORTH a damn
    4.) Text forwarding
    5.) A FREAKING VIDEO CAMERA!!!

sorry for the rant, moral of the story: can someone please create a Music ID app despite Palm not making it possible for someone to do so? lol

1) When 2.0 is released, HP webOS is allowing access to the API's that should all for a music ID program like Shazaam to come over no problem.
    2) Into the coding of 2.0, the groundwork for voice dialing has been laid. I am not sure it will come with 2.0, but future 2.x versions should have it at some point.
    3) The cut, copy, paste is better than most (I've used it on WinMo and it is not better). If you are having difficulty using it, there are plenty of tips and people who would help you out here in our forums.
    4) Text forwarding can be solved with a patch in Preware basically.
    5) All Pres and Pixis to my knowledge have video cameras in them now. If you don't then perhaps you need to update your phone or have it looked at.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    1) When 2.0 is released, HP webOS is allowing access to the API's that should all for a music ID program like Shazaam to come over no problem.
    2) Into the coding of 2.0, the groundwork for voice dialing has been laid. I am not sure it will come with 2.0, but future 2.x versions should have it at some point.
    3) The cut, copy, paste is better than most (I've used it on WinMo and it is not better). If you are having difficulty using it, there are plenty of tips and people who would help you out here in our forums.
    4) Text forwarding can be solved with a patch in Preware basically.
    5) All Pres and Pixis to my knowledge have video cameras in them now. If you don't then perhaps you need to update your phone or have it looked at.
    If you look at the dates, you'll see the poster before you responded to a very old post, this thread is from '09.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    sledge007 likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12