1.    #1  
    Posting this here since I didn't get any replies in the troubleshooting forum...

I started getting the yellow alert icon on my personal IMAP account yesterday. It is right next to the unread messages number in the upper right and looks just like the icon on this post.

he pre will not retreive mail from this account, but the server is up and I have no issues getting to it from my PC. If I remove the account and re-add it, it downloads the current mail but then shows the icon and stops working again.

Has anyone figured out what this means or how to get it working again? My Exchange EAS account is working fine.

I've tried everything discussed above and nothing has made it work.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10 View Post
    Posting this here since I didn't get any replies in the troubleshooting forum...

I started getting the yellow alert icon on my personal IMAP account yesterday. It is right next to the unread messages number in the upper right and looks just like the icon on this post.

he pre will not retreive mail from this account, but the server is up and I have no issues getting to it from my PC. If I remove the account and re-add it, it downloads the current mail but then shows the icon and stops working again.

Has anyone figured out what this means or how to get it working again? My Exchange EAS account is working fine.

I've tried everything discussed above and nothing has made it work.

Thanks.
    I had the same issue after I switched to my 3rd Pre. I went into settings and re-entered my password and then everything was ok.
  3.    #3  
    That was the first thing I tried. Didn't fix the problem.
    What IMAP service are you using?
  5.    #5  
    It's a small hosting company called hofweb. Standard IMAP with idle, but I only retrieve mail once an hour. It had worked fine for the first 3 weeks that I had the Pre. Didn't seem to be any reason that it stopped.
    It's a small hosting company called hofweb. Standard IMAP with idle, but I only retrieve mail once an hour. It had worked fine for the first 3 weeks that I had the Pre. Didn't seem to be any reason that it stopped.
    Strange that it stopped working. I have my own domain and use 1&1.com's IMAP and had to play around with it awhile to get it to work.
  7.    #7  
    What did you need to play with to make it work?
    What did you need to play with to make it work?
    Just the different settings...port 993 for incoming, SSL encryption, use authentication for outgoing, port 587 no encryption.

That allowed me to receive and send from the phone.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I get the icon periodically, although not related to an IMAP acct. It's a POP acct. I think that I have narrowed my problem to being out in public and searching out rogue WIFI hotspots.

Still not sure of the cure. Turning WIFI off and back on doesn't seem to help. Rebooting doesn't seem to help. When I get back home, some process of rebooting and re-establishing my home WIFI connection and other internet tinkering seems to get it back working.

Do you have a POP acct on the same device that works (send and receive) when the IMAP is failing?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I can not get my pop account to work unless I am on wifi with the same sercive provider (charter).

I was having the same issue with imap .have you tried deleting the account andre entering it.

I had these issues with my treo too.
  11.    #11  
    I have not yet tried setting up a POP acct with this provider, but I will do that today and report back.

The most frustrating part of this is that there is no information given about the problem. There is just this error/alert icon, but no hint at what the error is.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I had this exact problem with my imap account at work... it was annoying... I think I deleted and recreated the account 5 times and I would get the same thing... it would download all the new messages, but not sync. I finally did a partial erase and that seemed to fix it... kind of a pain in the *** for a fix, but it worked...
    any updates on this problem? i have the same thing happening, but it's on my Gmail account. pretty annoying...
    Same issue was going on here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-up-pre.html

Deleting and recreating the accounts fixed it for her.
    Try resetting your email accounts manually. There is a manual setup option instead of letting the phone set it up. Just reenter all the info in there manually ie. port # and it should fix it