Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    (There is actually no standby time listed in the information for the Pre on Palm's site but somehow virtually all of the reviewers and many retailers are quoting that 300 hour number. If I had to guess I'd say that Palm "unofficially" told them the Pre would get around 300 hours and of course didn't correct their misinformation now that it turns out you're lucky to get one tenth that.)
    Wow, seriously dude?? The facts don't support your premise so you switch to speculation fresh from your rectum?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Wow, seriously dude?? The facts don't support your premise so you switch to speculation fresh from your rectum?
    Which part are you disagreeing with? The fact that many reviewers somehow got the impression that the Pre would get about 300 hours standby or that Palm has no standby information for the Pre shown on their site?

    CORRECTION: I checked Palm's site again and they do actually say 300 hours standby time here (under specifications). I have not heard of anyone getting more than 2 days out of their Pre let alone more than 12. Have you?
  3. #43  
    I don't think the complaints will ever completely go away, but maybe once some issues start being fixed they will slow down.
  4. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Which part are you disagreeing with? The fact that many reviewers somehow got the impression that the Pre would get about 300 hours standby or that Palm has no standby information for the Pre shown on their site?

    CORRECTION: I checked Palm's site again and they do actually say 300 hours standby time here (under specifications). I have not heard of anyone getting more than 2 days out of their Pre let alone more than 12. Have you?
    I got two days and six hours with light usage. I think it's reasonable to assume that with constant EVDO coverage, BT off, Wifi off, no calls, texts or emails, or email account checking or web browsing, and with some tweaks, I could get twice that. I can't see 300 hours in anything but airplane mode.

    Then again, I've never gotten anywhere near the mileage posted on my vehicle either.
  5. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    I don't think the complaints will ever completely go away, but maybe once some issues start being fixed they will slow down.
    Well, the legitimate complaints anyway. Trolls will always exist... like cockroaches.
  6. #46  
    I will stop complaining as of today -- I am taking both of my units back to Sprint Corp store. My wife ported her number back to Verizon. I ported my number to ATT.

    I've had Palm's since the old dark monochrome days. The Palm II is my favorite gadget of all time. There are few people that were more excited about the Palm Pre.

    The service in my area was spotty. Data signal was so-so. The voice network was almost unusable -- I dropped 75% of all my calls over the 3 1/2 weeks I had the units.

    The device is cool, but it needs some maturity and a better provider (maybe, Verizon).

    Anyway, I got my Iphone on Friday. It doesn't feel as good in my hand as the Pre, but the software and functionality (other than multi-tasking) just seem competent and mature.

    I suppose I will now be considered a troll, so I won't visit anymore.
  7. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    This is not a complaint against everyone on these forums but it is for those idiots who start a whole another thread because of one small minor problem with their pre (you know who you are). The idiots are making the pre look bad to people who want to buy them.
    Translation:
    "Look dummies, I know I only signed up for these boards a few days ago but I know more than any moderator about how this place should operate. Stop talking about your problems, follow my rules and we can turn this discussion board into an infomercial."
  8. #48  
    I guess you have heard the Universal Search is very limited. For Example, adding a title to a name, like RN, results in not finding the nurse when searching on last name.
  9. #49  
    Based on what I have read for the past two weeks I will hold off purchasing a pre. I can handle the software issues but don't think I want to be exchanging phones and waiting to get it repaired or replaced when what I read here is just poor quality control. The screen should not crack with normal use. Hopefully, this will change and I will buy the phone in the future.
  10. #50  
    Well, you gave an example of someone posting, "OMFG i have ONE dead pixel!!!" and you admit when you bought your phone that YOU have a phone that has one dead pixel.

    So what's the problem?

    You basically confirmed what others have mentioned having so maybe it's just something a potential buyer should know about. what's wrong if someone tells the truth of what THEY experience so that they can make the best decision. They may be the type that wont except ONE dead pixel... why hide it and that person buys and phone only to return it anyways.

    If you tell the truth then what's wrong. This is a FORUM about the Pre and should be honest, good or bad. Not an Ultra-****** site.

    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    This is not a complaint but i am just putting it out there. People that haven't bought the pre and are looking to buy one come here to these forums for input and information about whether or not they should buy the palm pre. The amount of complaining about the pre on our forums is driving them away!!(some are even turning to the evil iphone!). I just saw a thread that said they are going to the iphone because they see too many problems on our forums about the pre even before they bought one! I became a member of these forums a few weeks ago and bought my pre last week. I have been surfing these threads and all i have been seeing is non stop complaining... ex) OMFG i have ONE dead pixel!!!, my phone is dieing in 5 hours! and all that other crap. I was reluctant to buy a pre because of this complaining but nevertheless i bought one. I had non of these problems with my pre except one dead pixel but that's not the point. This is not a complaint against everyone on these forums but it is for those idiots who start a whole another thread because of one small minor problem with their pre (you know who you are). The idiots are making the pre look bad to people who want to buy them.
  11. bmbriefs's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #51  
    I must say, I am one of those potential buyers that was scared away by the forum posts. I had been going back and forth on whether or not to get a pre or a hero. With that said, if you check out the Hero forums there is nearly the same volume of complaints. However, the complaints in the hero forum tend to be revolving around bugs that need to be squashed while the pre complaints revolve around missing features and hardware issues. This could be simply because the hero is newer and feature complaints and hardware won't arise until people have used it a few months. Anyway, I bit the bullet and decided to order the Hero today. Now I can be a raging Android phanboy!
    I love WebOS but I can't help but get the feeling that the Pre is a "beta" device and that the Pre 2.0 will be amazing. Fortunately, I can upgrade my phone in a year, and I'll definitely jump on when the Pre is a better piece of hardware. I can't help but root for Palm.
  12. #52  
    I agree with you in the sense that if nobody buys the phone than web os will surely die.

    but as somebody who bought their prprpr $off$ $contract$ $I$ $feel$ $it$ $is$ $more$ $important$ $in$ $my$ $opinion$ $to$ $voice$ $my$ $complaints$ $and$ $force$ $palms$ $hand$ $into$ $upgrading$ $the$ $phone$. $as$ $much$ $as$ $I$ $do$ $not$ $want$ $palm$ $to$ $lose$ $buisness$ $I$ $would$ $much$ $rather$ $have$ $palm$ $realize$ $that$ $the$ $pre$ $is$ $lacking$ $and$ $needs$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $updating$.

    I already played my part when I bought the pre, it is palms responsebilty to make sure that the consumers who bought the phone are 100% satisfied so that they do not post bad reviews of the phone.

    I refuse to pay money out of my pocket to benefit palm, if they want me to give the pre good reviews where un fit they should have paid me to get a pre.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    I agree with you in the sense that if nobody buys the phone than web os will surely die.

    but as somebody who bought their prprpr $off$ $contract$ $I$ $feel$ $it$ $is$ $more$ $important$ $in$ $my$ $opinion$ $to$ $voice$ $my$ $complaints$ $and$ $force$ $palms$ $hand$ $into$ $upgrading$ $the$ $phone$. $as$ $much$ $as$ $I$ $do$ $not$ $want$ $palm$ $to$ $lose$ $buisness$ $I$ $would$ $much$ $rather$ $have$ $palm$ $realize$ $that$ $the$ $pre$ $is$ $lacking$ $and$ $needs$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $updating$.

    I already played my part when I bought the pre, it is palms responsebilty to make sure that the consumers who bought the phone are 100% satisfied so that they do not post bad reviews of the phone.

    I refuse to pay money out of my pocket to benefit palm, if they want me to give the pre good reviews where un fit they should have paid me to get a pre.
    If you read many of the posts on this forum (and others), you'll notice that they're not simple constructive criticsms of the Palm, WebOS, and the Pre, but that they're emotional rants that more often than not are whiny, immature, grammatically challenged, and in many cases false and based on an unreasonable entitlement mentality. In my opinion, to the extent that Palm reads forums like this, they get far more value out of the former than the latter.

    And, I also submit that folks like myself don't jump into the middle of the "my Pre is crashing" and "my Pre has poor battery life" and "my Pre is laggy" posts in the same way as we do the "Palm sucks!!!" and "Palm is crippling the SDK on purpose!!!" and "Come on Palm, give us video recording NOW!!!!" posts. In addition, there's basic forum etiquette, which says that one should avoid making the 100th post about the same topic. And when that topic is said immature, whiny, grammatically poor rant, it's even more disruptive and bothersome.

    The whole "you can't comment negatively about the Pre without being attacked" thing is a straw man. It's not negative posts that are attacked, it's the unreasonable and trollish posts that are repeated ad nauseum, and that seem to have no purpose other than to bash the platform.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  14. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #54  
    ^^^And to add, there is a small legion of people who don't even own the phone but have a bazillion post about how bad it is.
  15. #55  
    Light Leakage -
    I have read posts about people crying over light leakage. Wait, light leakage? Explain please. Certainly, turn out all the lights, hide in a closet and turn on your pre... You have to be in the darkest of the dark to see light leakage though..... Or else you will not see it.

    Dead Pixel -
    OMG, my Pre has a dead pixel.... Oh My Garsh! Wait where is the dead pixel. *sighhhh*. Hold on, you have to restart the device. You can really see it on the black start up screen. tick tock tick tock... Okay it's restarting... Well wait. I don't see anything. That's because it's nearly impossible to see. Let me pull out my electron microscope so you can see it. *Pulls out microscope* .... Oh yeah, wait... yeah, I think I see the dead pixel.... I think....

    LAGGY -
    Oh my garsh..... My phone is so laggy.... It like takes 10 seconds to type in someones number.... Well, what happened? Please tell me. Okay, well, like I was sitting at this table at school and this girl walked over and was going to give me her number... Uhuh, keep going. Well, I opened up the card but it took 7 seconds to open. Okay, so what happened. She said forget it, So only lives life 5 seconds at a time and walked away. Wait what!? I know, right... Well, you do know the Pre works on this synergy technology. It pulls information and phone numbers from facebook and gmail, etc.... Yeah, I know. So how many times did you have to manually type in a number? Only once so I'm returning it.

    The Build -
    So like, the buttons feel like plastic and the phone itself feels like plastic... I hate it. I'm going to return it. It feels like plastic..... Well, it is plastic, that's why.... Well, wait wait... before you return it, peek your head inside this box and smell this... *Sniff Sniff* Oh my GARSH that smells like sh!t.... Yeah, that's because it is sh!t!

    UPDATES -
    Oh my garsh, like Palm needs to get on the ball. They take so longgggg to update the phone. When was their last update? Well, like a 2 weeks ago but still... I'm thinking about returning it because they don't update and make things better all at once. How many updates did they do so far. like 4 or 5.... How long has the phone been out? like almost 5 months.... So they updated about 4 times in 5 months, then? *Sighhh* Yeah!..... When did you first start having sex?.... Well, like 7 years ago. 7 years ago, really? Congrats.... How many times have you had sex?... 3 times.... 3 times in 7 years eh? *High five*
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    If you read many of the posts on this forum (and others), you'll notice that they're not simple constructive criticsms of the Palm, WebOS, and the Pre, but that they're emotional rants that more often than not are whiny, immature, grammatically challenged, and in many cases false and based on an unreasonable entitlement mentality. In my opinion, to the extent that Palm reads forums like this, they get far more value out of the former than the latter.

    And, I also submit that folks like myself don't jump into the middle of the "my Pre is crashing" and "my Pre has poor battery life" and "my Pre is laggy" posts in the same way as we do the "Palm sucks!!!" and "Palm is crippling the SDK on purpose!!!" and "Come on Palm, give us video recording NOW!!!!" posts. In addition, there's basic forum etiquette, which says that one should avoid making the 100th post about the same topic. And when that topic is said immature, whiny, grammatically poor rant, it's even more disruptive and bothersome.

    The whole "you can't comment negatively about the Pre without being attacked" thing is a straw man. It's not negative posts that are attacked, it's the unreasonable and trollish posts that are repeated ad nauseum, and that seem to have no purpose other than to bash the platform.
    First off no I did not read the other posts on this thread I was simply replying to the OP

    Did I miss something here???????

    are you and hparsons not the 2 on these forums who post on these so called pre bashing threads???????

    is there a reason why if you are posting your negative views of the pre over and over that it is in any way different than if you are constantly whining about people whining about the pre?????

    why is it ok to troll the forum for negative posts so you can pick fights with people who are expressing their freedom of speech??????

    Get a life pal you are doing the exact same thing the only difference is that you are some obsessive pre boy and the others that you speak of are disappointed consumers. These people have every bit of the right that you have to post on this forum.

    why do I feel the need to post my bad experiences of the pre??? because I am hoping that by exercising my freedom of speech that maybe palm will take notice!!!!!

    The real question here is why do you feel the need to troll the forums looking to argue with people over why they are wrong about the reasons they dislike the phone??????

    I will post whatever and whenever I feel like it if you do not like it than do not open the thread and go star a thread about how good your pre feels when you are jamming it up your
  17. #57  
    <<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions