Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeYuse0406 View Post
    ...and I am more happy with the Pre and Sprint than I ever was with the iPhone 2g, 3g, and 3gs (over almost 3 years of iPhone) and the 12 years I have being with ATT.
    Well I don't know what "over almost" means but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to borrow your time machine if you've been using the iPhone "over almost" 3 years.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    If we stop complaining how will Sprint and Palm know what we want?
    It's not going to stop, but that's okay. Everyone who's looking to buy a Pre doesn't shop based on forum comments. Additionally, when the Pre is seen "in the wild" in use, more and more people will become curious or intrigued and buy.

Now that the initial buys are over, Palm and Sprint will begin to advertise. If 300K + was sold, before advertisement, then even more will be sold after advertisement. The Pre is a good product. Let Palm and Sprint worry about sales. Just use your device and share your experience with others and the additional sales will take care of itself.

It doesn't matter how much it's bad-mouthed if the majority of the users do not have that experience.

Everyone in sales and advertising knows that people will share bad experience with 5 - 10s as many people as they will share a good experience. It just works out that way and the Pre is no different.
    Heres the deal though. All phones have problems, even apple and at&t are no angels in this outfit. If you were to read around an iphone forum, I'm pretty confident that you will see many complaints, bugs and problems that apple users are going through. Its their fault for basing an opinion from a forum who are either trolling or just trying to figure out how to solve a problem. Mainly that's what this forums are usually all about anyways.
    If we stop complaining how will Sprint and Palm know what we want?
    You don't have to stop complaining. Just complain to the right people. We aren't Sprint or Palm and constants posts about the same issues isn't going to change that. In addition, when you complain anonymously and in the wrong area, people (Sprint or Palm) will begin to discredit it.

For instance, I have a supervisors and managers that work for me. When there are performance issues that are common, I'll have the supervisor or manager speak directly to the individual and also bring it up as a reminder in staff meetings so that the whole unit or division gets the message.

Whenever the statement is made in a staff meeting first, the main culprits will complain about their time being taken up with stupid reminders, etc , because their never "tardy, rude, fill-in-topic."

In addition, when you continuously post about your issue, people think "get rid of the phone already and move on." If you don't get rid of the phone, people begin to question your voracity. You either a) have an agenda b) are a person who isn't telling the truth c) are a person who never owned the phone d) bought the phone with the intention of finding issues or e) have a martyr personality "let me tell you my tale of woe, woe is me."

It's getting to the point that we need to add a complaint section so that everyone can go to that area to complain and the rest of us can ask questions to find out about our phone.

The forum instantly made a bug section so that Palm and Sprint could go to one thread to discover the problems initial adopters were having. Unfortunately, the forum is so shot-gun with complaints and issues spread throughout that it wouldn't be worth Palm or Sprints time to check. Too much searching.

I think Palm/Sprint will look at the bug list and any issues that you guys posted anywhere else will only annoy they forum users and not be noted by Palm or Sprint during these beginning months.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I've hardly read complainers who were knit picking. The complaints are right down legitimate quality control failures on palms side. Most readers seem to be aware of the pre flaws/defects thanks to the complaining being done HERE. I see it as righteous awareness. A service of sort, even for the people who are purchasing their first ever smart phone, this gives them a comparison to other smart phones out there.

So before you shut us up, please go create a thread " PALM JUST MAKE BETTER QUALITY PRES!!"

I look forward to purchasing the Pre again, when all is sorted out.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    You don't have to stop complaining. Just complain to the right people. We aren't Sprint or Palm and constants posts about the same issues isn't going to change that. In addition, when you complain anonymously and in the wrong area, people (Sprint or Palm) will begin to discredit it.
    I for one want to see the complaints and criticisms. It raises public awareness and hopefully fosters informed choices with information people won't get else where.

Also, your summation here is totally wrong. People do come here to see what people are saying and there is a big difference between the legitimate criticism people are posting vs. run of the mill winning.

And, BTW, I have written sprint with a snail-mail letter for all the good it will do. I also intend to post any response they provide here as well.

To all of you that continue to report your problems with the Pre and the service from Sprint, I salute you.
    maybe the problems will go away :dunno:
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    And have you ever tried to complain directly to Sprint about something or any company? Canned corporate response.

Ultimately, it all boils down to sales. If these negative complaints are really going to hurt sales, Palm and Sprint will take notice. But judging by the stock performance, and the supposed sales numbers, I hardly find they are hurting it. If sales are strong, Palm, in theory, could just ignore it.

Apple has strong sales, and they ignore a lot of things. Copy and paste took a long time to get for the iphone, and the communitty had to complain and complain.

Of course, there was an even bigger upheavel about the webapps. People were really ticked off about that, so Apple relented and gave OS access for the apps.

Apple actually listened to the community in that respect.

For instance, I have a supervisors and managers that work for me. When there are performance issues that are common, I'll have the supervisor or manager speak directly to the individual and also bring it up as a reminder in staff meetings so that the whole unit or division gets the message.
    Not sure how this applies, but when I have a problem with an employee, I would rather first address the group with the problem. If the individual is there, he will usually get the message, and still get to save face. Perhaps if it was reoccuring. But again, not sure how this is applicable.

Whenever the statement is made in a staff meeting first, the main culprits will complain about their time being taken up with stupid reminders, etc , because their never "tardy, rude, fill-in-topic."
    Well, this is an internet forum. Not a work environment. If I wanted white wash, I would get my reviews straight from Palm. This isn't office politics, this is the number one destination for all things Palm and Palm pre. But this is the internet. Don't you dare try to justify censorship just because somebody has a legitimate concern about something they forked 300 dollars for.

In addition, when you continuously post about your issue, people think "get rid of the phone already and move on." If you don't get rid of the phone, people begin to question your voracity. You either a) have an agenda b) are a person who isn't telling the truth c) are a person who never owned the phone d) bought the phone with the intention of finding issues or e) have a martyr personality "let me tell you my tale of woe, woe is me."

It's getting to the point that we need to add a complaint section so that everyone can go to that area to complain and the rest of us can ask questions to find out about our phone.
    Okay, so what you saying, then, is that we should ignore people with legitimate concerns. Your going to add a complaint section because you don't like reading bad reviews? Such an action would pretty much add a laughter curtain to any legitimate problem a person is having, thereby delegitimizing the issue. Maybe you don't like reading bad reviews, but I do. And I like to read both the good and the bad before I make a purchase.

Example:

Person A: I'm going to have to get rid of the pre, because frankly the build quality and signal issues are just too much. I will be going back to At&T, and my iphone. I wanted to like the phone.

(Nothing wrong with that post at all)

Response

Screen name 1: "Oh, not another one of these posts. Hey, guys another one of those guys complaining about the signal dropping again in his house (even though the phone before didnt have the same problem).
    Screen name 2: "Yeah, what is he thinking anyway. Doesn't he know he'll have such a better 'Pre' experience if he just adds a wifi router in his house. Besides Wifi is a lot better than Sprint's data connection anyway
    Screen name 3: "Yeah, just go back to your Iphone then. You'll be much happier.
    Screen name 4: "Some people just complain about the littlest things, or will just find anything to complain about."
    Screen name 5: "Kthnaxbye"

Talk about snark.

Seriously, this is the kind of responses I have been reading. Could it be that people are actually concerned about things like signal quality, build quality, etc? Some people paid 300 dollars or more out of contract. They shouldnt have to be dissed because they are having problems.

Typical Response: Oh, they shouldnt have messed with a 1st Gen Device then.

Never mind the fact, that not everybody who gets this phone is a Palm fanatic. It is very clear that they are marketing this to people are exactly the opposite. The kind of person who just walks into the Sprint store with zero phone knowledge and the sales men take them for a ride. The Rep that sold me my pre, sold a clueless mom a pre right before me. All she liked was the touch screen. She didn't know that people were complaining about the build quality on Precentral when she was sold on it. Maybe she started to have the problem and then arrived at this site, and complained?

Then they have problems, and lo and behold, PreCentral is the highest ranking site in Google. So newbies come here. And get scolded by elitist attitude that is no better than Hardcare Apple fanboys.

The forum instantly made a bug section so that Palm and Sprint could go to one thread to discover the problems initial adopters were having. Unfortunately, the forum is so shot-gun with complaints and issues spread throughout that it wouldn't be worth Palm or Sprints time to check. Too much searching.
    So palm or Sprint isn't going to listen to any of these complaints, because you think it is so shot-gun with complaints? Well, fact is, if it has search engine love, and people find it, and it hurts sales, then I beg to differ. The bigger the problem, and the bigger the community reaction is to it, the bigger response we will see. But if you just expect people to email dan at sprint dot com and expect things to be fixed, forget about it.

Why can't there be discussion about the problems? Why do they always have to be dismissed out of hand as Apple fanboys or retarted?

I think Palm/Sprint will look at the bug list and any issues that you guys posted anywhere else will only annoy they forum users and not be noted by Palm or Sprint during these beginning months.

You think? And you know this how? I'm not saying I know any better, but how do you know exactly just what way Palm and Sprint would like their bugs laid out and presented to them? In my view, the more complaints there are, the bigger response. But that's my though on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    This is not a complaint but i am just putting it out there. People that haven't bought the pre and are looking to buy one come here to these forums for input and information about whether or not they should buy the palm pre. The amount of complaining about the pre on our forums is driving them away!!(some are even turning to the evil iphone!). I just saw a thread that said they are going to the iphone because they see too many problems on our forums about the pre even before they bought one! I became a member of these forums a few weeks ago and bought my pre last week. I have been surfing these threads and all i have been seeing is non stop complaining... ex) OMFG i have ONE dead pixel!!!, my phone is dieing in 5 hours! and all that other crap. I was reluctant to buy a pre because of this complaining but nevertheless i bought one. I had non of these problems with my pre except one dead pixel but that's not the point. This is not a complaint against everyone on these forums but it is for those idiots who start a whole another thread because of one small minor problem with their pre (you know who you are). The idiots are making the pre look bad to people who want to buy them.
    If palm didnt want anyone to complain...they should have put everything on the phone that they didn't before they started selling it!!!! There's alot of stuff that a simple phone can do that the Pre ( the best phone since the iphone) CANT do!!! If it stops people from buying fine....get a better phone! Unless you have stock in Sprint! The phone cant even forward texts or change sounds in most apps! Wow...it would have taken alot to put this stuff on the phone BEFORE they sold it! Just my opinion
    My feeling is (and I think this has been voiced before) that this forum is probably not a total representation of Pre users, only those who have had extremely positive experiences or those who are having issues. There are probably thousands of Pre users who have never been on the forums and are happy with their device.

It is important for those that do have problems to share what they have experienced so others who do frequently these forums have an idea what they might face. For example, when I purchased my Pre I checked it for a lose slider, lose battery, etc. I would not have know to look for those issues if it wasn't for the forums.
    The amount of complaining about the pre on our forums is driving them away
    Who cares?

It's a phone for crying out loud.

I love my Pre, but it has some issues and discussing those issues, or "complaining" as you call it, helps Pre owners get a better user experience.

I currently own the HOTTEST phone on the market. With that said, the Pre is not perfect and quite frankly deserves to get bashed for what I believe are minor, yet OBVIOUS drawbacks.

Some people in this forum act as if we're badmouthing one of their children when we discuss the Pre. It's a phone. Geez. Get a life.

As for complainers and those who are returning their phone... I want to hear about their stories. I want to know what other people think about the phone. How they're using it. What they like. What they hate.

THAT'S THE PURPOSE OF THE FORUM DUH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedy1978 View Post
    There are probably thousands of Pre users who have never been on the forums and are happy with their device.
    Exactly. Most end-users are not gadget-junkies (like me) and maybe like many of you. They buy a phone, use it and don't even use it to its fullest potential.

These are the same people who go to Applebees or TGI Friday's and think they're getting a fantastic meal.

But for us... power users... we know what we want, what we like and what we don't like and everyone should be able to give their two-cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedy1978 View Post
    For example, when I purchased my Pre I checked it for a lose slider, lose battery, etc. I would not have know to look for those issues if it wasn't for the forums.
    That cuts both ways. There was a thread on here at one point from a guy who returned his phone for dead pixels (after checking it for dead pixels because of all the threads) only to find out when he got the second phone that it was the touch screen grid and not actually dead pixels he was seeing.

I don't think it's the posting of problems that is the issue, it's the way that it is being done.

You guys can say whatever BS you want about it, if you're truly looking for resolution to an issue you're having, you have to be stupid to think running around the forum from thread to thread whining (and yes, I said whining) about it and threatening Palm/Sprint is going to make that happen.
    It's funny that a lot of the complaints are about issues people knew about well before the release of the Pre (No video recording, short battery, no SD, small keyboard, etc...). They bought the Pre knowing these things. It's one thing to take the good with the bad but it's another thing to spend money on something you knew had problems you can't live with but bought anyways.
    The Pre is a great device and it's only gonna get better. I appreciate all of the educated posts pointing out the pros and cons but enough with the constant "I'm returning my Pre" posts. Just return it and shut the hell up about it!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Better yet! Lets FORCE people to buy the pre! Maybe then software developers will take it more seriously and we will get "fart sound" apps like the iphone!

No more complaining about the pre's crappy build from me!

haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    It's funny that a lot of the complaints are about issues people knew about well before the release of the Pre (No video recording, short battery, no SD, small keyboard, etc...). They bought the Pre knowing these things.
    Actually, I see relatively few people complaining about the video recording, lack of SD or small keyboard. As you said we all knew that going in. Where do you see lots of complaining about these issues?

As for battery life, no we absolutely did not know about this ahead of time so yes we are complaining. In fact, the Pre supposedly has 300 hours of standby time (12.5 days)! Do you know anyone that's gotten 12.5 days out of their Pre?

(There is actually no standby time listed in the information for the Pre on Palm's site but somehow virtually all of the reviewers and many retailers are quoting that 300 hour number. If I had to guess I'd say that Palm "unofficially" told them the Pre would get around 300 hours and of course didn't correct their misinformation now that it turns out you're lucky to get one tenth that.)
    The idiots are making the pre look bad to people who want to buy them.
    I must say, YOU are doing a fine job at it.
    This is not a complaint but i am just putting it out there. People that haven't bought the pre and are looking to buy one come here to these forums for input and information about whether or not they should buy the palm pre. The amount of complaining about the pre on our forums is driving them away!!(some are even turning to the evil iphone!). I just saw a thread that said they are going to the iphone because they see too many problems on our forums about the pre even before they bought one! I became a member of these forums a few weeks ago and bought my pre last week. I have been surfing these threads and all i have been seeing is non stop complaining... ex) OMFG i have ONE dead pixel!!!, my phone is dieing in 5 hours! and all that other crap. I was reluctant to buy a pre because of this complaining but nevertheless i bought one. I had non of these problems with my pre except one dead pixel but that's not the point. This is not a complaint against everyone on these forums but it is for those idiots who start a whole another thread because of one small minor problem with their pre (you know who you are). The idiots are making the pre look bad to people who want to buy them.
    People have posted valid concerns and Problems with the Palm Pre, both in hardware build / poor quality control issues, as well as software limitations. People need to know of these issues or possible problems they may experience so they can make an informed decision before buying the product, especially if they're switching from another carrier vs just upgrading their current Sprint phone. And you too have gotten a unit with a problem, if you're good in living with it, more power to you, but it's not acceptable to many of us who will be doing extensive web browsing and picture / video viewing and would appreciate a flawless screen which unfortunatly, the minority of the Pre's have. And that's not even getting into the slider issues. And I'm sorry / happy to say I've also been forced to convert to the "evil iphone" as Sprint wasn't allowing me to replace me defective Pre. And to all those considering the Palm Pre.. STAY AWAY!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! At least for now, wait at least a couple of months until they start fixing their quality control units with the handsets.
    Last edited by Ben7seven7; 07/06/2009 at 01:12 AM.
    I too love the Pres multitasking and notifications, and I also prefer the Pre's e-mail system vs the iPhone, though it's no slouch. Though I wasn't going to keep a defective Pre, as they didn't want to exchange it for me again, ah well. If it wasn't for the poor quality control of the Pre's I'd still have one now instead of the iPhone 3GS even though the iPhone's browser does render some sites better (for now at least) and has an app edge.
    Last edited by Ben7seven7; 07/06/2009 at 01:12 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast