Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I really dont want to switch to at&t for the iphone but after reading all the negative stuff about the pre im really thinking about it.So if any one could help me out and talk me out of it please do!
    Well to me it sounds like the iPhone is more appealing to you. Which has better service in your area, AT&T or Sprint?
    don't believe the hype. the pre is fine and has no more flaws than any other phone. the people who have bad experiences are more likely to **** talk on the internet than those who are having no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICON76 View Post
    I really dont want to switch to at&t for the iphone but after reading all the negative stuff about the pre im really thinking about it.So if any one could help me out and talk me out of it please do!
    In my opinion, it really does come out to Quality of Service in your area. In the Bay Area, AT&T has a horrible network and its extremely overpriced. What carrier are you on now?
    Really you are gonna trust the advice of total complete strangers that know nothing about your usage habits? I think it would be best for you to test drive the 2 devices to see which one works for you. They are both awesome phones, but there are way too many variables for someone on here to make the best decision for you.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrekfest View Post
    don't believe the hype. the pre is fine and has no more flaws than any other phone. the people who have bad experiences are more likely to **** talk on the internet than those who are having no problems.
    lolwut? I've never had a phone with the hardware issues the Pre has. WebOS is great and has plenty of potential, but hardware-wise Palm really needs to get their **** straight.
    The Pre needs a lot of work as evidenced by the posts here on a fan forum. It is still a good device. My advice is to play with both phones on the actual network not just wifi and make your own decision.
    I like the Pre. A lot. There are lots of positive threads for you to peruse. Read those. Try them both. Get the one you like.
    Like the others have said, take what you read in the forums with a grain of salt you dont read an even comparison.
    I am a power user and have no problems with my Pre. Everything works like it should.

P.S. Having a Touchstone in my car is probably one of the greatest things ever. I am surprised Palm didn't have a car kit for launch.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Whatever. The iPhone is a good phone. Has many apps and a more mature platform. If that's what you want - GET IT.

The Pre is great for those seeking integration, multitasking and a physical keyboard. If these things matter to you, get a Pre and ensure your hardware is solid. If these aren't important, get an iPhone.

I'm so sick of "ADULTS" needing to be convinced. Buy something and be happy about it. If you change your mind, buy something else. If you get defective hardware - GET IT REPLACED.

I love my Pre, but it I had faulty hardware, I'd replace it. If it happened more than once, I'd go back to my Centro until the hardware was fixed and/or I gave up hope after a nationwide recall.

All this gnashing of teeth is ridiculous.
    Are you serious? Talk you out of it?! Look, if you're that sheepish and you need to be hearded into movement, then I suggest you RUN, don't walk to get yourself and iPhone. Then you can be like all the other little sheep, playing with all of their a-a-a-a-p-s and eating nothing but Apples and getting raped monthly on the AT&T ranch.

For the record: I have a pre and LOVE it despite my loose slider. And Apple couldn't pay me to get an iPhone. By the way, I too read all of the negative posts AND the positive ones before I made the INFORMED decision to purchase my pre. Grow up and decide for yourself.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I believe everything I read on the interweb. You mean some people don't always tell the truth? Oh, boy I am screwed.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Im with sprint and really have no problems with service and my phone bill really aint bad either.I have the centro with unlimited texting and the data plan.Im use the internet alot!I really want a pre over the iphone but its just kinda hard.I know every phone has problems but all this stuff im hearing about the pre is just making me think twice.
    Im with sprint and really have no problems with service and my phone bill really aint bad either.I have the centro with unlimited texting and the data plan.Im use the internet alot!I really want a pre over the iphone but its just kinda hard.I know every phone has problems but all this stuff im hearing about the pre is just making me think twice.
    dude try out the thing for yourself...
    So if your with Sprint now you wouldnt be breaking any contracts... how come you can't wait a few months and see if things improve? Most likely will as far as hardware and you can buy then.

Well, clearly, any phone that makes YOU think... you should purchase without further delay.
    See if you can find a corporate Store with a Pre NOT running the demo. My local store got fed up with the demo and took it off of one of the phones....20 minutes with the phone convinced me. The workflow is awesome and the software based issues will get resolved with OTA fixes. I have had no problems hardware-wise. Get what works for you..But for me, it was not close...Pre hands down.
    I don't understand why anyone has to be convinced by anyone on this forum. There is a 30 day return period. Go play with it and decide for yourself which one is for you.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    ........... the original poster said "talk me out of it..."

........... lol WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

........... so you're going to take the advice of complete @zz strangers rather than go & see about the device for yourself

........... 1st, not everyone uses the device for the same reason's

........... 2nd, what's appealing to one may not be appealing to all. vice/versa

........... lamest thread i've ever seen on any forum eva'. period.

........... this is a hall of fame thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast