Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Ok I am not a Palm Pre hater i really like the phone it is really awesome but

ok so when i got it 3 days ago i noticed about 5 white spots ( light blueish) on the screen only when it displayed black or really dark backgrounds today when i powered the phone up it has more than 12 little speckles (white dots apparently dead pixels). (yes i cleaned the screen and the white pixels are there so its not dirt or anything)

The youtube ap is not working at all since day one i thought it would be a wait and it will work type of deal, when i play the videos they never completely load, NEVER.

I get all 5 bars at my house no 3g but 5 bars!! i mean it should work

When i place my pre on a table letting it drop from like an inch from my hand to the table it freezes and i have to power it off and on again, i was laying down facing up using the internet for a while and i dropped the pre on my chest by accident and it froze what the hell is going up with it i was willing to ignore the dead pixels but its too damn sensitive to an inch fall ???

Is it just mine?? i bought the pre 3 days ago i bought the insurance havent gotten first month bill, i got it at best buy, i need help what do i do????
    Quote Originally Posted by ROKRz6m View Post

ok so when i got it 3 days ago i noticed about 5 white spots ( light blueish) on the screen only when it displayed black or really dark backgrounds today when i powered the phone up it has more than 12 little speckles (white dots apparently dead pixels). (yes i cleaned the screen and the white pixels are there so its not dirt or anything)

The youtube ap is not working at all since day one i thought it would be a wait and it will work type of deal, when i play the videos they never completely load, NEVER.

When i place my pre on a table letting it drop from like an inch from my hand to the table it freezes and i have to power it off and on again, i was laying down facing up using the internet for a while and i dropped the pre on my chest by accident and it froze what the hell is going up with it i was willing to ignore the dead pixels but its too damn sensitive to an inch fall ???

Is it just mine?? i bought the pre 3 days ago i bought the insurance havent gotten first month bill, i got it at best buy, i need help what do i do????
    Colored pixels that won't change are actually stuck and not dead. It sounds as though you are getting signal, but not a strong Data connection...do other websites load normally?Try using wifi to access youtube and there are several videos designed to unstick stuck pixels.
    It does not always work but a few people on the boards have had it unstick the pixel. A black pixel means all the sub pixels or at least the majority have died. Either way I would plan on an exchange because 12 stuck pixels can mean something is up with the Screen.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Also, if the white pixels are in a grid layout and only stand out at certain angles/lighting conditions, it can very well be the touchscreen grid.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    ok thank you very much so where do i go? BEST BUY? (those guys at best buy are *******s they are prob. going to laugh when i mention the dead pixel issue), Call Sprint? also where do i find those videos?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    no they are not i saw those other dots the gid ones and the ones im talking about are in a scattered pater two very close on top part of the screen and the rest towards the bottom like i said they are only vissible when the screen is displaying a dark background.
    u should run one of those pixel removers on youtube. helps take some of them off
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    lol

I just got my pre and it dropped from my window of my house 3 flights up and nothing happen to it other then a big a white mark on the back of my phone
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    OK so im really scared now is there any possible way that i can call sprint and have them replace my Pre for another one or would i be better off waitting a few months and then calling to get it replaced for the new blackberry tour thats coming up on the 12th (wait is that possible?) im scared to get another palm pre it traumatised me. WOW pathetic scared of a phone but im starting to dought on the reliability of palm =(
    Well, if you "taped" your pre... then don't be so surprised that it is stuck.

I swear, doesn't ANYONE proof read anymore?!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    well thanks for addressing another one of my issues wordweaver but ive got enough with my pre right now so if you dont have anything else to do other than wasting your time replying about spelling mistakes then dude your the one with issues "tapped"
    Return it to best buy to get a replacement.
    The One and Only
    well thanks for addressing another one of my issues wordweaver but ive got enough with my pre right now so if you dont have anything else to do other than wasting your time replying about spelling mistakes then dude your the one with issues "tapped"
    Sorry, just pointing out that it was difficult to interpret your "issue." I certainly do have issues -- sometimes even with my pre -- but ALWAYS with illiteracy. Just funnin' ya. Lighten up
    OK so im really scared now is there any possible way that i can call sprint and have them replace my Pre for another one or would i be better off waitting a few months and then calling to get it replaced for the new blackberry tour thats coming up on the 12th (wait is that possible?) im scared to get another palm pre it traumatised me. WOW pathetic scared of a phone but im starting to dought on the reliability of palm =(
    No. You bought the phone from a 3rd party in this case best buy. You must return it to Bestbuy. If you return as opposed to exchange you can always go back to sprint to buy a new one.

And you can return it for any reason...

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    but what would happen to the contract freeze or keep running or cancel do i wait till the 12th?
    but what would happen to the contract freeze or keep running or cancel do i wait till the 12th?
    Contract Freeze? You mean not being able to rebuy the phone for a set time limit? That would be a scare tactic used by agents. I have never had an issue with that and Premier Care has assurd me I will not when I go to buy it at another sprint store tomorrow.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    no im saying ok i go tomorrow and i return the phone tomorrow im scared to keep getting mest up phones and make this a little habit for 2 or 3 weeks till i find out none of the pres will run good, so

i go tomorrow and exchange it for another Pre,

go return it and they will stop the contracts time (for what ever reason if they dont have another palm pre for instance) or cancel the contract,

or my other option wait till the 12th tell them my pres busted and get a blackberry tour (if this is possible),
    is it just me?
    just cancel the line and wait for the tour. No reason to be scared about anything..

*edit* Except North Korea and Empty pregnacy tests in the bathroom you share with your girlfriend.