Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I bought my Pre on release day from the only sprint retailer in my city. It's an indirect/3rd party whatever store. My Pre has been fine since day 1 until last night, my girlfriend hasn't been so lucky, with numerous reboots, keyboard not responding, and screen randomly "blacking" out.
    I've been into this store a few times on the weekend and they pretty much refuse to help, just telling me to come back when the supposed "tech" is in. Apparently this tech only works weekdays till 5, which doesn't work out for me.
    Anyways, last night my power button stopped responding. I can't power it down, lock the screen, etc. I went back into this store today and got the same run around as I did with my girlfriends phone, come back when the tech is in. I tried explaining that i work the same hours as the tech, so I can't come in. So they gave me the brilliant idea of just dropping it off before work, which again, i need my phone for work.
    So I guess my question to get a replacement not the run around is would i have better luck driving 45 miles to a corporate store since tomorrow my 30 day trial period is over? Or should i keep trying with the idiots at my 3rd party store. Thanks.
    I'd return the phone tomorrow to your 3rd party store and buy your phone elsewhere. Sounds like your indirect store is a bunch of idiots.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    I'd return the phone tomorrow to your 3rd party store and buy your phone elsewhere. Sounds like your indirect store is a bunch of idiots.
    That's not an option. Today was day 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by MxChino View Post
    That's not an option. Today was day 30.
    Ahh.. It is! My apologies. Can you return it today by chance?
    Try and see if you can return it or get it repaired at a corporate store. And in the future avoid dealing with third party stores whenever possible... corporate stores are under direct management of Sprint, so they're almost always much better than crappy third party stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
    Try and see if you can return it or get it repaired at a corporate store. And in the future avoid dealing with third party stores whenever possible... corporate stores are under direct management of Sprint, so they're almost always much better than crappy third party stores.
    Meh. I'd tend to disagree with that notion since I work for a 3rd Party store and I like to think I give a good customer service experience!

Joking aside, if you have issues with ANY sprint store, when that survey call comes, give them all 1s and they'll get dealt with very seriously. Or call *2 on your phone and start complaining to the CS rep and they'll make a note of it.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
    Trust me. I learned my lesson. Ill never shop at a 3rd party retailer for any wireless carrier. It was just unfortunately the easiest way for me to get a Pre on release day. I am correct that now that the 30 days are over I can deal with any sprint corp store regards to warranty issues, correct?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Just a small update. My g/f dropped both our phones off at the sprint store. The tech was actually there. She left the phones with him for an hour then went back in. He claims he found the problems with both of the phone but he has to email someone about what he should do (??????) he's supposed to be calling us back tomorrow. Who the hell is he supposed to email, I thought techs werent even supposed to touch these phones??
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I really wanted to like this phone, as I have a family member who works for Sprint and got a pretty large discount on service. After two weeks of using it, it's going right back on eBay. While I like the concept of the phone and the O/S, the hardware can be summed-up in 1 word- "cheap" . I think it's great that Palm came out with an O/S that really can do some nice things, but the hardware and the slide-out keyboard just didn't do it for me. I know a lot of people will disagree -- there are wiggles and wobbles everywhere in the phone, and having to slide-out the keyboard every time when I am browsing the internet in landscape mode was just annoying as anything. But it's a good start - lets hope they focus on the hardware for Palm Pre 2.0