Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Segment is airing as I type this...showcasing pre vs. Iphone 3gs...

First of all, Fox News ran a "quick fact" confirming that palm/sprint has sold over 300,000 phones.

Second, the consumer reports guy comparing the two sounded like a total ***** and was obviously uninformed...

1) He mentioned that the iphone's screen is brighter/better than the pre's. FALSE. Aside from size, Only difference is glass vs. Plastic.

2) the consumer reports guy also claimed that the new iphone is MUCH faster than the palm pre and that it is "one of the fastest we have ever tested".

On a happy note, the palm beats the iphone in only one area: messaging.

Hey, if it comes from a consumer reports rep, its gotta be true, right?
    I'd take it with a grain of salt. Fox News isn't exactly known for being very informed. Politics aside, their format and content is a lot more info-tainment than actual in-depth info. It makes them a boatload of money but it's not exactly where I would go for tech (or any other) news.
    The review was bull*****! I watched a video camparo from CNET in which the Pre beat both the iPhone 3G and the 3GS on browser speed and messaging. Pre only got beat on boot time. Faux News stinks!
    Saw it too. Sometimes I wonder at the stuff CR finds noteworthy. The dude didn't even seem to know what he was looking at/doing on his Pre (he kept trying to flick a picture side to side to switch to another app; duh, how about going back to card mode doofus? Or apply "advanced gestures")

Their car reports are especially lame. "The rear LATCH anchors are difficult to reach." "Premium fuel is required; yuck!" Yeah, I'm sure that's #1 on people's lists when they're shopping for a new car. Well, the problem is, they have enough cachet that people DO begin to worry over the crap CR looks at. My in-laws won't buy a car that uses premium fuel any more. Funny thing is, Motor Trend just published an editorial in which the author asks if driving pleasure is worth a cup of coffee every day. His premise was that, if you compare a fuel-sipping vehicle to a gas-guzzling Ferrari (as an extreme example of driving pleasure), the cost differential for fuel barely works out to a cup of Starbucks coffee; and which one would you rather drive?

One thing that also disappoints me is that they don't even rate all models in a particular category. And then, they publish their "year's best" lists, completely ignoring any other products that are new to the market. So you'll read about a certain LCD tv as "best of the year," for instance, but the tv is being superceded by a new model even as you're reading the rating!

There's value in unbiased ratings, but as a subscriber, I sometimes get the feeling the testers DO have biases.
    Ok; enough rant
    There is some truth there. I personally prefer the Pre's screen because the colors are more vibrant, but I could see how other people might prefer the iPhone because they don't have a lot of the issues that the Pre screens seem to have.

And while the Pre and iPhone 3GS both have CPUs based on the same design, the "apparent" speed of the 3GS is much faster than that of the Pre. From loading apps to the complete smoothness of the animations to scrolling in the browser the 3GS just seems so much faster than the Pre even if by CPU speed it isn't. This does not mean I don't like the Pre. It just means I recognize what Apple has done well.
    Anyone have a link to the vid on the web id like to see it?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    First of all, to clarify, it was NOT a fox news reporter or consumer reports correspondent, it was a consumerreports.com rep.

Second, keep your political beliefs out of this no one really cares what you call "faux" news or what you have to say about them.

Third, they undeniably have THE hottest anchorwomen. Megyn kelly is my hero...
    lol @ your oxymoronic post..

You tell me to keep my politics to myself, then follow up by claiming your love for Megan? (a Faux News anchor)

Dude just stop it! lol
    Faux news... So original and clever! That's almost as fresh as M$.
    Megan is one of the biggest idiots on Fox news, and that is saying a lot considering the company she keeps. Ever try watching those three stooges on Fox & Friends? Their so called tech guy Clayton Morris is a joke. Anyway, looking to Fox for any kind of tech review is a monumental waste of time. That being said, it's better than relying on consumer reports, so I can only imagine how lame the story was.
    Quote Originally Posted by sschoi View Post
    Faux news... So original and clever! That's almost as fresh as M$.
    Congrats! Your very 1st post on this forum was to come to the defense of Faux News..U should be proud.
    That Consumer Reports guy was really awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    The review was bull*****! I watched a video camparo from CNET in which the Pre beat both the iPhone 3G and the 3GS on browser speed and messaging. Pre only got beat on boot time. Faux News stinks!
    You probably watch MSNBC huh? Besides it wasn't FOX news who did the review it was the consumerreports.com rep. I think this is my first post also and yes I used it to "defend" FOX news. So what? Hater.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    lol @ your oxymoronic post..

You tell me to keep my politics to myself, then follow up by claiming your love for Megan? (a Faux News anchor)

Dude just stop it! lol
    I wish you were a real man, or if you were a woman, a lesbo...

Megyn Kelly is incredibly gorgeous. Politics and good looking women mean nothing. A real man would sink his you-know-what no matter what the chick believed in.

And for everyone's information, Megyn Kelly is in fact intelligent. She might say what she is told to say for the show, but trust me, anyone who is the freaking editor of her law school's law review is no *****.

And oh yeah, not to mention she worked for Jones Day...the girl knows law.

Anything other THAN law, well, that might be pushin it, but my guess is she is probably pretty good with that stuff too.
    LoL...

I can't believe you idiots..You're attacking me because I made a jab at Faux News in my #3 post? lol comical indeed...

I guess U FAILED to read what was relevant in my initial post huh?
    Congrats! Your very 1st post on this forum was to come to the defense of Faux News..U should be proud.
    Yeah but he zinged you good! Don't stress. Everyone gets a good shot in every now and then.
    LoL...

I can't believe you idiots..You're attacking me because I made a jab at Faux News in my #3 post? lol comical indeed...

I guess U FAILED to read what was relevant in my initial post huh?
    Man I have to disagree with you about Fox news. I personally enjoy alot of what they have on. However, I have to agree with you about the attacks against you I think it is comical as well. But the more important thing is we mostly agree the Pre is awesome (which is the point of these threads anyway) LOL
    Thanks for being objective @ Fonefanatic.

I could care NOT who watches Fox News, what brings us all here is that little device called the Palm Pre.
    Too bad that got lost on some...

*Dueces*
    LMAO...Fox "News".
    I think this is the link to the video:

foxnews.com/search-results/m/24315910/cell-wars.htm#q=palm+pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast