Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Having had both devices I can say with a certainty that the iPhone screen is indeed brighter. However, which screen being better is up for debate. The pixel density on the Pre is higher than on the iPhone and it really is noticeable. Images look a lot more crisp on the Pre than my 3GS and the colors more vibrant. The trade off is the smaller screen size. This is completely up to the user to decide which one they prefer here. The image quality of the Pre can't be beat, but I must say I do enjoy my oleophobic screen coat (no exaggeration, no matter how much grime/grease builds up on it, one wipe on a pant leg restores it to pristine condition)

And the iPhone is much faster at opening apps than the Pre was. However the Pre has the advantage of keeping its apps open, so it's not really an issue for the Pre.
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    You watch Fox news?! *shakes head* Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity are idiots.
    Brightness was turned down on my Pre.. noticed this when comparing with a friends 3gs.. once I turned it up it was as bright and it was noticeably sharper.. tighter packed pixels. Iphone seemed a little snappier when starting apps... but still no a2dp which is a must have for me.... telenav for free also kicks a$$. I would say the larger screen and more apps are the only things I still envy about the iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by tri0xinn View Post
    Brightness was turned down on my Pre.. noticed this when comparing with a friends 3gs.. once I turned it up it was as bright and it was noticeably sharper.. tighter packed pixels. Iphone seemed a little snappier when starting apps... but still no a2dp which is a must have for me.... telenav for free also kicks a$$. I would say the larger screen and more apps are the only things I still envy about the iphone.
    Just a quick correction. As of iPhone OS 3.0, the A2DP Bluetooth profile is indeed supported.
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12