1.    #1  
    Hi everyone

I traded my phone from the launch phone that I received, and re-initiated my profile on the new phone that I received. My question is how does the backup utility work? I can understand that the calendar, contacts backup through gmail..in the cloud I suppose, but how did the new phone automatically have all of my tasks and memos already re-installed?

Thanks so much for your help!
    Andy K
    Its in your palm profile so when you sign in with your replacement, it restores the settings
  3.    #3  
    Where is my palm profile backed up to ?

Thanks,
    Andy K
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Actually, Palm Profile only backs up contacts and calendar. Tasks are only backed up if you are using Microsoft Exchange. Memos are not backed up at all.
  5.    #5  
    that's odd. I had everything re-load into the new pre after I had purchased it

Any ideas?

Andy
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Actually, Palm Profile only backs up contacts and calendar. Tasks are only backed up if you are using Microsoft Exchange. Memos are not backed up at all.
    Tasks and Memos are backed up...

please do not give out information if you are going on a "hunch"
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Tasks and Memos are backed up...

please do not give out information if you are going on a "hunch"
    That is great news if true. I was not going on a "hunch" but what I have read. Fortunately I have not had to use restore yet.
    That is great news if true. I was not going on a "hunch" but what I have read. Fortunately I have not had to use restore yet.
    It's true. Might mention you just "read" it though. You give the impression you've used the restore function. I have and it pulls just about everything EXCEPT the manual synergy links you create.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    It's true. Might mention you just "read" it though. You give the impression you've used the restore function. I have and it pulls just about everything EXCEPT the manual synergy links you create.
    That's great! My apologies for the misinformation. Do you know if it backs up the databases for third party apps like SplashID? I have been hesitant to spend much time entering info if its not backed up. I've also wondered about things like the timers you can set up in the clock app.
    That's great! My apologies for the misinformation. Do you know if it backs up the databases for third party apps like SplashID? I have been hesitant to spend much time entering info if its not backed up. I've also wondered about things like the timers you can set up in the clock app.
    I don't think it saved my alarms or the 3rd party info. It'll just redownload the apps back to your phone.
    What about SMS history? Does that get backed up?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    What about SMS history? Does that get backed up?
    Nope. Neither do your individual application settings, or potential log-in's. Your call history is wiped as well.

I'll tell you- I hated my iPhone for the last 6 months that I had it (pretty much since I heard about the Pre for the first time), but one thing it did very well, was backing up your info and reinstalling it in the case of device loss.