1.    #1  
    Hello all,

About 2 days ago the touch screen on my pre...stoped working, won't recognize any input, can't call, can't answer, can't...well anything. The keypad and the little navigation on the front still work though. I'm guessing its a software problem due to the fact that the screen won't lock, or turn off after that certain period of in-activity. I've tried every type of reset there is, battery out and back in multiple times, orange button, R, and Sym reset a few times, power button and ringer switch back and forth multiple times, I've asked it really nicely to work multiple times. I would do the reset option in the menu..if I could get to the menu.

I guess my question would be, has anyone else ran into this issue? and if so, has anyone had a successful work around, or fix-action?

-nick
    Sounds like the touchscreen has died. Exchange it.
    it does sound broken. if you want to know more, try running the diagnostic tests. here's how to do it:

1) launch the "Device Info" app, then scroll to the bottom and click on the "More Info" button.
    2) now click on the "Preferences" app menu in the top left corner and choose "Interactive Tests..."
    3) select the "Touch sensors" test

Quote Originally Posted by Nickolicious View Post
    Hello all,

About 2 days ago the touch screen on my pre...stoped working, won't recognize any input, can't call, can't answer, can't...well anything. The keypad and the little navigation on the front still work though. I'm guessing its a software problem due to the fact that the screen won't lock, or turn off after that certain period of in-activity. I've tried every type of reset there is, battery out and back in multiple times, orange button, R, and Sym reset a few times, power button and ringer switch back and forth multiple times, I've asked it really nicely to work multiple times. I would do the reset option in the menu..if I could get to the menu.

I guess my question would be, has anyone else ran into this issue? and if so, has anyone had a successful work around, or fix-action?

-nick
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    it does sound broken. if you want to know more, try running the diagnostic tests. here's how to do it:

1) launch the "Device Info" app, then scroll to the bottom and click on the "More Info" button.
    2) now click on the "Preferences" app menu in the top left corner and choose "Interactive Tests..."
    3) select the "Touch sensors" test
    I can't use the touch screen to get to the device info... hahaha
    oh, right. forgot about that hehehe. yea definitely exchange it.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    oh, right. forgot about that hehehe. yea definitely exchange it.
    i was waiting to see when the light bulb would turn on there.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah, thank god I live in the smallest town ever and they didn't have one to exchange. So its just a waiting game till it comes in.

Are there any other types of resets that I can do without the screen?
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickolicious View Post
    Yeah, thank god I live in the smallest town ever and they didn't have one to exchange. So its just a waiting game till it comes in.

Are there any other types of resets that I can do without the screen?
    Have you used SEARCH on the forums for other ways to reset?

bj
    did you actually READ his first post on how many types of resets he listed and done?

Quote Originally Posted by vnmous1 View Post
    Have you used SEARCH on the forums for other ways to reset?

bj
    This just happened to me on my wife's phone.. Any help would be appreciated. We're on vacation so exchanging can't happen till we get home. Plus we bought it on june 6th, does that mean we have to pay the insurance? Or is this under some exchange warranty?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Mine did that since it was activated in the store, ended up exchanging it a couple of days later. Mine would work off and on a random times.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    This happened to my 2.5 week old Pre yesterday. Took it in to Sprint store, they gave me a new Pre on the spot.
    OMG! people asked the dumbest questions! if ur phone touchscreen stop working go to the sprint store. talking about it aint gonna solve it duh!
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneman29 View Post
    OMG! people asked the dumbest questions! if ur phone touchscreen stop working go to the sprint store. talking about it aint gonna solve it duh!

Phonemans right....owe wait i just took my fone to sprint exchanged it for a new one because the touchscreen was messed up. Three days later same problem....so back to the people who are as frustrated as i am... has anyone out there had this touchscren problem and solved it w/o just gettin a new one cuz theres no promise it will work