Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21  
    This is not that complicated. The primary issue driving battery life is the quality of access to the Sprint network. My Pre went off the charger today at 8:30, and 12 hrs later, it's still at 48%, and I used the navigation, maps, the browser for quite awhile, as well as email from EAS and IMAP.

    I know it's a coverage issue, because I'm on vacation this weekend in an area that happens to have great Sprint coverage. Back at home, coverage is marginal, and if I don't go into airplane mode at my office (with wifi on though), I can go from 100% to the same 48% in 3 hrs. The battery never lasts as long at home either, though it's not as bad as my office.

    All this dorking around to optimize settings to make the battery last longer is a waste of time as far as I am concerned. The primary issue is lousy sprint network coverage.
  2. joe8617's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    Yep and because of this I disabled EVDO when at home. I have it set to 1X only.
    How do you set your Pre to 1x only??
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8617 View Post
    How do you set your Pre to 1x only??
    I believe its

    Dialer > ##EVDO#
  4. eddieck's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #24  
    Going to sleep now at 12AM. 100% battery and rebooted. I'll update back when I get up with battery stats. I'm interested in seeing what settings make a difference. (And as I said, I have great Sprint coverage at my house: 5 bars and EVDO.)
  5.    #25  
    Well its definitely something related to data. I put it in airplane mode and it went from 84% to 81% from 1am to 7am
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    Thats how I have it and yeah it loses like 30% overnight (8 hours)
    I'm just curious why you don't charge it overnight. That would seem to be the perfect opportunity. Charge the phone while you are sleeping so you have a full battery in the morning.
  7. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #27  
    I took the phone off of the TS at 100% saturday 5:30pm went to dinner and did a litttle animated weather map watching (3min maybe) and at dinner reset network settings. Had it asleep all day sunday and at 3:30pm it had 74%.
    Last edited by edlex; 07/06/2009 at 07:36 AM.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I'm just curious why you don't charge it overnight. That would seem to be the perfect opportunity. Charge the phone while you are sleeping so you have a full battery in the morning.
    I agree but due to the Touchstone NOT coming with a charger or wall plug. I have my wall charger at work with my touchstone and so at home I am left with only the USB cable which if I left the phone on, would prevent me from having it in my bedroom as my computer is not in there.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    I agree but due to the Touchstone NOT coming with a charger or wall plug. I have my wall charger at work with my touchstone and so at home I am left with only the USB cable which if I left the phone on, would prevent me from having it in my bedroom as my computer is not in there.
    Then charge it at work or buy another wall plug.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Then charge it at work or buy another wall plug.
    I dont understand why you choose to give me advice that I do not need.

    I am trying to figure out the issue with sleep mode wasting a lot of battery. That is all.

    I realize I can buy a charger, I realize I can charge it at work. That is not the question. My ability to have a phone charged is NOT the issue.
  11. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    I dont understand why you choose to give me advice that I do not need.

    I am trying to figure out the issue with sleep mode wasting a lot of battery. That is all.

    I realize I can buy a charger, I realize I can charge it at work. That is not the question. My ability to have a phone charged is NOT the issue.
    You are right. Buying more accessories is not the real answer. Even though people are getting varying discharge rates, the truth is this phone does alot of activity even when its asleep, regardless of the settings. I'm hopeful that in a future FW revision they will tweak the operating system to optimize battery consumption.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions