Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I had a chance to play with an iTouch today and noticed the scrolling is A LOT smoother than the Pre. Most times when I tried to scroll through the Pre's phone book list it will hesitate a little before the scrolling starts and this is consistent with both Pres I have. Is this common to all the Pres and we're just putting up with it?

Eddie
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Not at all just tried it with this broswer still open. No lag at alll smoothly through every contact
    Quote Originally Posted by jbelew View Post
    Not at all just tried it with this broswer still open. No lag at alll smoothly through every contact
    How many contacts do you have?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I think the call history can be slower but that's the nature of it. Your contacts don't continually change. Once it made the list its there and I don't have any probelms with contacts. Did you mean the call history maybe?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Has to be hundreds. Gmail and I was dumb enough to sync facebook also
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I guess if I go just about as fast as I can move my finger sometimes I get the loading message
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have about 200 contracts and I just noticed now that when I scroll fast, it will say loading at the bottom of the screen then it will keep scrolling. And yes, you're right the call history has a more pronounced lag. Your explanation makes sense about the changing list. I absolutely love this phone and just want it to be at least as good as the iPhone so people can't talk smack about it.
    Lag like that is pronounced throughout the OS in just about all the programs. You are also correct that the iphone and itouch don't have it. Hopefully palm can optimize things and make it better.
    I agree. I absolutely love my pre, but it does lag when scrolling through lists and the iphone doesn't. But I still wouldn't trade it for the iphone.
    i think it's an optimization/memory issue. when i first got my pre it was very smooth. then, after a lot of use (and i use my pre a lot) i'll notice slowdowns and unresponsiveness. usually a reset does the trick. but you're right. the lag is there.