1.    #1  
    If I go to Sprint and buy the Pre and decide before 30 days is up that I don't want it or Sprint service will I still be obligated to stay with Sprint for 2 years ??
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    No. The ETF and activation fees are waived and you only have to pay for the plan for the month you used.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    No as long as its within 30 days but they will still bill you for service and activation
  4.    #4  
    Well in that case I will give it a go.. If I get a good unit that doesn't break or loosen up then I might hang with them after 30 days..
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Go for it man. I've been with Verizon for about 6 years and jumped ship to join Sprint for the Pre. I have nothing but good things to say about them so far. I got my activation fee waived through my company. It took a few days so Sprint sent me a 25 dollar gift card. I've also been getting great service ( haven't noticed any downgrades in signal from Verizon).

Plus the fact that I can get the simply everything plan with unlimited data and 450 mins for 69 bucks, is a steal. cheapest plan out there!
    I decided to wait another month or two so that I can hopefully get a Pre with a later build date. I don't want any disappointments with this phone so I'm willing to wait til the bugs are resolved.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Pockets View Post
    Well in that case I will give it a go.. If I get a good unit that doesn't break or loosen up then I might hang with them after 30 days..
    I have been with Sprint since 1999. Sometimes the lower level customer service can be frustrating who's isn't these days.

I currently live in the SF Bay area and the coverage and reliabilty of the network is awesome. AT&T seems so overloaded, especially in the last few weeks. Also, head to head, sprint's 3G speed is faster than AT&T.

I am loving my Pre! Build date 6/20 and none of the problems I read about here everyday. I had a dark, dark period with Windows Mobile and the HTC touch pro from 11/08 to a week ago. Before that I had a Treo 650, which I loved. In any event, this phone is in a whole other universe from those and the GREAT part is....this is just the tip of the iceberg. I will bet anyone that in 2 years this phone and the new WebOs devices will be the most incredibly customizeable devices out there and there will be more WebOS apps than iphone apps. The open source concept is the inevitable wave of the future and it may take awhile, but the proprietary closed platforms will eventually have to change or die.

Sorry for rambling.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8617 View Post
    I have been with Sprint since 1999. Sometimes the lower level customer service can be frustrating who's isn't these days.

I currently live in the SF Bay area and the coverage and reliabilty of the network is awesome. AT&T seems so overloaded, especially in the last few weeks. Also, head to head, sprint's 3G speed is faster than AT&T.

I am loving my Pre! Build date 6/20 and none of the problems I read about here everyday. I had a dark, dark period with Windows Mobile and the HTC touch pro from 11/08 to a week ago. Before that I had a Treo 650, which I loved. In any event, this phone is in a whole other universe from those and the GREAT part is....this is just the tip of the iceberg. I will bet anyone that in 2 years this phone and the new WebOs devices will be the most incredibly customizeable devices out there and there will be more WebOS apps than iphone apps. The open source concept is the inevitable wave of the future and it may take awhile, but the proprietary closed platforms will eventually have to change or die.

Sorry for rambling.

Joe
    Where in the SF Bay Area? I work in the peninsula and the coverage sucks, and kills battery life, whereas the AT&T network is 100% solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Pockets View Post
    If I go to Sprint and buy the Pre and decide before 30 days is up that I don't want it or Sprint service will I still be obligated to stay with Sprint for 2 years ??
    Just like anything you purchase make sure you give it a good look up and down before you walk out. As a sales rep, it's our nature to try and end the process the moment you say yes.
    Be sure to ask to be able to play with it for a bit. And ask him if he can help someone else while you give it a good look so your not feeling rushed while you examine it.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    One more thing that hasn't been noted by other posters: you're obviously going to have to return the phone as well. The phone is subsidized by your 2-year contract.