Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I believe the efficiency with which the device transmits data with respect to energy considerations. I get incredible speed, getting battery life that bests any device I have ever used?

Comments other user experiences?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    The display is beautiful. Most beautiful I've ever seen on a phone.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I love how the screen fades into the hardware, and how the task bar looks like it is the hardware!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    WebOS and how quickly it renders web pages!

Design-wise, how compact (taking into account that it does have a slide out keyboard) and powerful it is (yet to be truly untapped).
    Last edited by SpeedBrkr; 07/05/2009 at 02:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    The OS is the best feature, followed closely by the screen.
    Even with all the hardware issues, the design makes it stand out. The flush screen, minimalist look is great. "Palm" - sized, good weight and yes, even the slider is about as good as one could hope for (when you get a good one).

That and synergy will be the standouts when more apps taking advantage of Synergy are released. Imagine all the apps with data that can talk to each other in the cloud and present answers and solutions to the user that are integrated with his/her life.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Just one? Display is gorgeous!!! I am impressed every time I look at it!

I also have to give props to Sprint's Everything plan which is affordable enough to allow me to actually use appreciate many of the features! I'm pretty sure I could watch TV, use some type of GPS and listen to streaming audio on my AT&T phone but I wouldn't know since I wasn't going to pay for the features, airtime, data limits, etc.
    I'll say the gesture area. I constantly try to do the back gesture on my phone, then I realize my mistake.
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS
    I must say card view for open apps.
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    webOS as a whole

I know, I'm cheating :P
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I don't have one yet but I suspect one that some people have forgotten to mention - multitasking!

I constantly watse time waiting for something to finish before I go onto something else on my current pda.

C'mon Palm release a GSM model so I can get one in Australia!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as147 View Post
    C'mon Palm release a GSM model so I can get one in Australia!
    Palm has announced it will not release a Pre in the Australian market citing that, contrary to popular opinion, it is possible to have too much of a good thing.
    Flash as a flashlight

I think the hardware innards make up the best feature (not build quality).
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    WebOS browser is very snappy, WiFi works pretty well, i like the physical keyboard and get great accuracy and speed when typing. Screen and color rendition are fabulous... camera is very good.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Palm has announced it will not release a Pre in the Australian market citing that, contrary to popular opinion, it is possible to have too much of a good thing.
    Very funny. Good thing we have this interweb thingy otherwise I would have to take a flight to the UK to pick one up
    Quote Originally Posted by jbelew View Post
    I believe the efficiency with which the device transmits data with respect to energy considerations. I get incredible speed, getting battery life that bests any device I have ever used?

Comments other user experiences?
    Battery life that bests any device you have ever used? Wow, another post from the Bizarro universe.

Anyway, the single best feature for me is how easy Palm makes it to get in and hack the device. As a Linux hacker I love this and it's the only reason I still have a Pre despite its flaws.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I love the whole gesture area. Whenever my friends are messing with the phone and I show them the gestures, there main response is, 'what are you talking about. There's no buttons there' then I laugh
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Battery life that bests any device you have ever used? Wow, another post from the Bizarro universe.

Anyway, the single best feature for me is how easy Palm makes it to get in and hack the device. As a Linux hacker I love this and it's the only reason I still have a Pre despite its flaws.
    I was less than clear. I live in a major city and have fast wifi everywhere. Hence my wifi is almost exclusively how I suck down my data. And while I may be in a bizarro universe, this device transmits data over wifi with quickness and battery life that I have not experienced from numerous other devices.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I appreciate all the responses. I think their are better screens out there, but the multitasking and gesture area can't be beaten. I also really love the design and how the screen fades into the device.
    If you could call it a feature, WebOS in general (card view, synergy...) is my favorite aspect. The screen is a close second.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast