1.    #1  
    I was in an area today with very bad reception and my pre was eating alot of juice searching for signal. I thought in airplane mode that the pre would stop because the radios are turned off..
    I had the icon, no data or gps services worked so I know I was in it...but it didn't help my battery...in fact it seemed to double the speed at which it was draining the battery.
    I went from 40% to 10% in the span of two hours without using any thing but the camera for 5 photos..with flash..anyone else out there noticing this or can you confirm that airplane mode is a vampire?

My battery has never been an issue and it always makes it through a full day @ work for me. This really seemed related to airplane mode...shoudnt that use the least?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I was in an area today with very bad reception and my pre was eating alot of juice searching for signal. I thought in airplane mode that the pre would stop because the radios are turned off..
    I had the icon, no data or gps services worked so I know I was in it...but it didn't help my battery...in fact it seemed to double the speed at which it was draining the battery.
    I went from 40% to 10% in the span of two hours without using any thing but the camera for 5 photos..with flash..anyone else out there noticing this or can you confirm that airplane mode is a vampire?

My battery has never been an issue and it always makes it through a full day @ work for me. This really seemed related to airplane mode...shoudnt that use the least?
    I've used airplane mode (while on the airplane) and listening to music and I had no problems, I didn't pay attention to the exact numbers but it seemed fine.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I've had terrific battery life in airplane mode. Not quite as good as the Treo with the phone turned off but very good.