Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello!

I'm not very familiar with AIM or Google Talk, but I was wondering if there was a way I could use my hotmail MSN email on the Pre? Does it work with AIM or Google Talk? Thanks!

Hopefully there will be an MSN app in future. I currently can't even find one on my iPod Touch.
    I'm pretty certain it'll be supported in the future. You can add MSN contacts, Yahoo Contacts, etc, so one can only assume they will support those services some day. Gonna have to wait it out for now.
    For the time being you can use meebo.com for all IM. It does MSN, yahoo, myspace, facebook, AOL, GTALK and ICQ
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I tried meebo but I don't see a facebook option
    Woow!! Meebo rocks!!
    I used a google talk portal and have my msn and yahoo sent thru that then it shows up as a google talk im when someone sends me a message. i belive i use jabber.mzn

Just google "how to set up google talk msn portal"
    SCK Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    I used a google talk portal and have my msn and yahoo sent thru that then it shows up as a google talk im when someone sends me a message. i belive i use jabber.mzn

Just google "how to set up google talk msn portal"
    Thats pretty cool, I'm gonna try to do this Thanks for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Thats pretty cool, I'm gonna try to do this Thanks for the tip.
    No worries. I had this set up when i first got my instinct cuz i had to have them sent as text cuz the instinct didnt have a IM app out of the box.

ENJOY
    SCK Manager
    Connect Google Talk to AIM, MSN, & Yahoo
    This is what I found googling, I'm hoping it works.

edit: looks to be a bit dated, ursine.ca doesn't work...
    Last edited by Elysian893; 07/05/2009 at 10:06 AM.
    Connect Google Talk to AIM, MSN, & Yahoo
    This is what I found googling, I'm hoping it works.
    I can't view that site due to a BlueCoat web blocker here at work but as long as its talking about portals and jabber.mz you should be good to go. I set mine up about a year ago so not so fresh in my mind
    SCK Manager
    Found a server that can be used instead of the ursine.ca server, use this one with the directions above:

JABBER.BELNET.BE

edit: hmm it works but its not adding any contacts to my list :/
    Found a server that can be used instead of the ursine.ca server, use this one with the directions above:

JABBER.BELNET.BE

edit: hmm it works but its not adding any contacts to my list :/
    once its sync with your google contacts they will come thru. You will also see
    the portal server in your list. Mine says

msn.jabber.meta.net.nz and says what i have for my status on IM

also Elysisan893 why did you thank me then remove it? haha
    SCK Manager
    once its sync with your google contacts they will come thru. You will also see
    the portal server in your list. Mine says

msn.jabber.meta.net.nz and says what i have for my status on IM

also Elysisan893 why did you thank me then remove it? haha
    Err I never thanked you in the first place I'm trying to use the server you used, but its also not working... It says it registered with MSN and Yahoo successfully, but no contacts are coming in...
    Err I never thanked you in the first place I'm trying to use the server you used, but its also not working... It says it registered with MSN and Yahoo successfully, but no contacts are coming in...

wait so your saying that they arnt coming in to your Gmail on the computer or they arnt coming into your pre?
    SCK Manager
    Seems I can't get it to work with googletalk, yet I got it working creating an account on that server you mentioned... But that means it doesn't transfer to my googletalk...
    wait so your saying that they arnt coming in to your Gmail on the computer or they arnt coming into your pre?
    Both.
    Ill check it out when i get home tonight, If not today then tomorrow and i will try to post a HOW TO thread on it if i get the time
    SCK Manager
    Ill check it out when i get home tonight, If not today then tomorrow and i will try to post a HOW TO thread on it if i get the time
    I'm wondering if googletalk doesn't block it now, where it didn't back when you did it?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gab6565 View Post
    Hello!
    I currently can't even find one on my iPod Touch.
    App store "Palringo" supports MSN and other popular IM services.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    I'm using:
    JABBER.BELNET.BE

Then, I right clicked on the MSN Transport, register, entered my user and password. It says successfully added, but I can't see any of my contacts on the PSI window... What am I doing wrong?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast