Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I'm using:
    JABBER.BELNET.BE

Then, I right clicked on the MSN Transport, register, entered my user and password. It says successfully added, but I can't see any of my contacts on the PSI window... What am I doing wrong?
    Same problem I'm having. I'm thinking its blocked by google nowadays.
  2.    #22  
    I tried Meebo and it works perfectly on the Pre! Thanks! It's works great cuz I can have it as a card. Too bad I don't get alerts. But oh well, it's awesome anyway!
    You guys are using jabber.meta.net.nz ? That is what Im using, Not quite home yet. gotta bust out my old lappy also cuz thats what i set it up on. http: // jabber.meta.net.nz/

that site might be able to help ya til i can
    SCK Manager
    Here's a more recent article. FYI doing this through Jabber is called using "Transports".

Use Google talk to chat with Yahoo! and MSN buddies. | PCs Place
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Somebody mentioned this on the google site, but though I was able to see all my contacts on gtalk, they were all offline and nobody could see me I'm online..

Ok, here is the hack

Chose your favorite transport (like: aim.myserver.org).
    Create a file named "contacts.vcf" with text:
    BEGIN:VCARD
    VERSION:3.0
    FN:aim.myserver.org
    N:aim.myserver.org;;;;
    EMAIL;TYPE=INTERNET:aim.myserver.org
    END:VCARD

Save it and import into your gmail contacts so you will have a contact with name and email of your transport (don't edit it!).
    After that you should be able to add this transport to your roster/register to it (don't remember which I did, but it works now!).
    Enjoy!
    Feel free to try it and let me know if it worked for you?
    If you are interested in using Classic, you can run Mundo and it and use MSN Messenger.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

It is still not working out. I cannot log in my google account if i change the connection to "manually specify server talk.google.com". And there's no msn friends showing up in my gtalk list.

Anyone can help?
    I've tried this and it does bring all my contacts, but the transporter goes from online to offline in seconds and finally just stays offline.

BEGIN:VCARD
    VERSION:3.0
    FN:msn.jabber.belnet.be
    N:msn.jabber.belnet.be;;;;
    EMAIL;TYPE=INTERNET:msn.jabber.belnet.be
    END:VCARD
    no need to enter the server name of gtalk or the ports. Just check under connection check boxes:
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    I used a google talk portal and have my msn and yahoo sent thru that then it shows up as a google talk im when someone sends me a message. i belive i use jabber.mzn

Just google "how to set up google talk msn portal"
    I've used:
    msn.jabber.meta.net.nz
    msn.jaim.at
    msn.jabber.belnet.be

and they all bring my contacts fine with no problem. I have added and authorized them too. After I get all of them added the transport goes offline and if I make it go online, it does it for a second and goes offline again.

From what I read on the google boards this is something that used to work years ago, but google blocked it, enabled it again, and blocked it again. So, if there is somebody here who found a way to make the transport stay online and chat from gtalk with MSN contacts please feel free to share your setup.
    I guess Meebo will do it for now.. If anybody has a solution for this please let us know.
    The palm pre runs the following query
    luna-send -i palm://com.palm.messaging/getOnlineTransports

I think this will query online to see new IM programs it supports.

The IM client has code with runs luna-send -i palm://com.palm.messaging/getOnlineTransports and if the return equals MSN or Yahoo then it displays their respective icons.

Hopefully this means more IM support is on the way!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I'm using:
    JABBER.BELNET.BE
    This is great if you don't care about some random server in Belgium having all of your IM passwords.

If you really want to do this, you really should set up your own jabber server. I wrote up a fairly basic howto:

Using MSN and ICQ with the built-in Palm Pre Messenger

the commands are FreeBSD-specific, but its easy enough to do on linux too.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardhkirkando View Post
    This is great if you don't care about some random server in Belgium having all of your IM passwords.

If you really want to do this, you really should set up your own jabber server. I wrote up a fairly basic howto:

Using MSN and ICQ with the built-in Palm Pre Messenger

the commands are FreeBSD-specific, but its easy enough to do on linux too.
    I spent too much time trying to get this to work already, so I'm only waiting for either a MSN messenger app or Palm built-in implementation of it. In the meantime, meebo works OK.
    ShapeServices has stated that they are working on porting IM+ onto Web OS.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12