Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Go to the ti page for the processor in the pre. However you wish I used google. Then try and select another processor in the 3xxx lineup from the links on the left. And the phone locks up and restarts. This could be something simple somebody points out real quick. But seems ironic at least. Anbody else reproduce this?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Just put ti omap 3430 in your browser then follow the first link, then select any other model number from the left hand menu. Does your pre freeze and restart? Anbody not scared to try? It's probably some website vs. Broswer issue, but it's got to be kinda funny right?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Just tried on my phone restarted, lol.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Awesome, just had to make sure I wasn't in my own little world. I am sure there is some perfectly legitimate explanation, but its pretty funny considering that is the heart and soul of the phone.
    mine froze and restarted too wth haha
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Nice. This is too funny. There wasn't one guy somewhere along the way that tried this before it got to market. Some engineer on the project somewhere? Or is it too fundemental to be overcome? Anybody got the expertise with webkit and whatever ti's website is care to make a guess at what's going on?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbelew View Post
    Go to the ti page for the processor in the pre. However you wish I used google.
    what?
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Nice, yet another way to reset the Pre.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    someone should take whatever code on that page is making the phone crash and create www.prerestart.com
    its definitely a bug that can be used as an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    someone should take whatever code on that page is making the phone crash and create www.prerestart.com
    Yep. Did it here too.

Strange.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    what?
    Go here:

OMAP™ 3 Processors - OMAP3430

and just click on a link to one of the processors. Your phone will freeze and then restart after about 10 seconds.
    This is definitely interesting, I do believe that Palm is working on Browser code (call it a hunch ;-) ) so this may be a known issue, but should be reported. I just tried one of the links on their own and nothing so I'm guessing CSS and javascript issues, but don't quote me on that. I have laid off testing browser security stuff until new versions are released, but may be I should revisit =p

Would be interested in seeing what causes this and the response, as I checked the web code and given time will look into it later.

I have been trying to do some work in this area.

<shameless_plug>
    http://tlhsecurity.blogspot.com/
    </shameless_plug>

-Tharris
    Last edited by tharris; 07/05/2009 at 11:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Nice guys! I appreciate the confirmation. Anybody care to take a shot in the dark? Is it the type of website? The browser is so great, its funny it can't handle looking up the phones insides.

Thanks for posting the link, I was too lazy
    I think it's some kind of metaphysical thing. Like giving Heisenberg's cat a quantum string to play with.

If you guys don't quit screwing around with it, the Large Hadron Collider is going to turn into a large bowl of petunias and no one will know why.

Joe
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jallen3.14 View Post
    I think it's some kind of metaphysical thing. Like giving Heisenberg's cat a quantum string to play with.

If you guys don't quit screwing around with it, the Large Hadron Collider is going to turn into a large bowl of petunias and no one will know why.

Joe
    Exactly. I mean somewhere along the way some Palm guy said hey we are going to end up buying millions of these processors for the pre and then looked it up on one.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Somebody try another similar webkit browser. Does the TI site cause any trouble for the iphone or android browser?
    Last edited by jbelew; 07/05/2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by jbelew View Post
    Somebody try another similar webkit browser. Does the TI site cause any trouble for the iphone or android browser?
    Just tried it on my 3GS. No restart. Someone at TI is messing with you Pre users, haha.
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Go here:

OMAP 3 Processors - OMAP3430

and just click on a link to one of the processors. Your phone will freeze and then restart after about 10 seconds.
    thanks for posting the link.

That seems to work faster than the soft restart in the device info menu. Maybe you could add a shortcut to your launch bar for it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast