Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yeah many of the great Pre stuff and bad stuff get lot of forum play.

But some features arent mentioned at all.

I for one LOVE the fact that when u make a phone call and put the phone to your ear, it automatically blacks out the screen so u don't start dialing or hanging up by accident. I cant tell u how annoying that was with the Instinct, the amount of times i would just start muting the guy without knowing or dialing numbers into phone.

Cool feature worth noting
    Yup. That "simple" feature never worked right on my Touch Pro.
    Good to have.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Yep! My Instinct's touchscreen was famous for this!
  4.    #4  
    really an amazing feature, if Palm reads the boards they should have updates to fix all the little probs and this phone will be a 10/10 phone

I love how they thought of some of the Pre features from the Consumers point of view.

Like the swiping the cards away, that was really clever
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I noticed it a few days ago. I was somewhat impressed and kept moving it away from my face.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Remember when 90 percent of the cell phone market was flip phones and you could go to a kiosk in the mall and get all kinds of different battery back plates that had crazy LED patterns to them? With the Pre the screen would dim so you wouldn't attract attention in dark rooms, but your battery cover would!

just joking around
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    It's called the proximity sensor. all the iphone models have it. I'm glad this was implemented without any issues.
    It is really annoying when you are in a call and you want to switch to bluetooth and go to hit the area to bring up the menu to turn bluetooth on and you keep hitting the sensor that turns off the screen tho :/

Otherwise it its perfect!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    It is really annoying when you are in a call and you want to switch to bluetooth and go to hit the area to bring up the menu to turn bluetooth on and you keep hitting the sensor that turns off the screen tho :/

Yes, I had this problem too. Ended up just taking the call without BT. But its pretty rare that I don't already have BT on so its not a biggie for me.

EDIT: Oh, one more issue I had with this. When I was trying to press a key to navigate VM, I kept turning the screen off. Noticed that it was my middle finger hovering over the sensor when I was trying to press the number with my index finger. Pretty funny actually.
  10. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    It's a great feature. I thought it was one of the original iPhone features.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    It's a great feature. I thought it was one of the original iPhone features.
    it is and thats why it gets no love now. its a feature thats been around for years at least on iphone.

I think when you look at this phone in comparison to old rzrs, its amazing but when you compare it to recent smartphones like android and iphone, then it becomes lackluster in many ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    It's called the proximity sensor. all the iphone models have it. I'm glad this was implemented without any issues.
    The prox sensor is nice, but it is up to par. I have muted my phone while on the phone more than once.

Update needed
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post

Tap the clock instead (away from the sensor), it brings up the same menu. So now it is perfect for you
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    This is a cool feature, but you are wrong - not all the iPhone models have it. Just the 3g and 3gs. The first gen iPhone does not have a proximity sensor and the screen dimmed according to the interval you set in the settings.

With that said, the pre being a 1.0 device, has many features the iPhone lacked of at its 1.0.
    Wrong. The first gen iPhone has the proximity sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeYuse0406 View Post
    This is a cool feature, but you are wrong - not all the iPhone models have it. Just the 3g and 3gs. The first gen iPhone does not have a proximity sensor and the screen dimmed according to the interval you set in the settings.

With that said, the pre being a 1.0 device, has many features the iPhone lacked of at its 1.0.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Correct, the Pre is on par with the 3G iPhone with it's feature set. The 3G S has a bit more features, but I'm sure next Palm handset will have even more. The Pre is a great first generation phone.

I really like Sprint Navigation, it's very nice.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Huh? You got that one completely wrong.
    I would gather that most of us with the Pre, didn't go to AT &T or the various generations of the iPhone. Thus, we'd have the instinct and other smart phones to compare.

As fa as the Android goes, it's fairly new and most of us wouldn't have that for comparison either (we'd still be under contract). Nor is that what the OP is implying. The OP simply states that it's a cool feature that doesn't get much play or talk.

Can't the OP talk about a cool feature w/o others chiming in to make it an iPhone contest? It doesn't matter what the iPhone can do, the iPhone is with A T & T and we aren't. In addition, it doesn't offer what everyone wants or we'd already have it.

Umm, my original first generation iPhone has that feature. I am glad Palm copied it though.
    I have being using and hacking the iPhones since the very fist one. The iPhone 3g, which is the 2dn to be released, is the one that introduced the proximity sensor by including three sensors on the right side of the ear speaker area.

The first generation iPhone, aka iPhone 2G, did not have a proximity sensor and the screen only dimmed and shut off accordingly to your screen settings. If you have never used a 2G iPhone, than you should use one and learn from yourself. Funny how so many people believe the 3g to be the 1.0 iPhones when it is indeed the second generation.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast