Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Well, I thought I'd give Sprint TV xtra a try... but today while trying to watch TV I pretty much decided this is a no go.

Once and awhile I found the video feeds weren't bad... but I'm growing very disillusioned with their setup.

I flipped on TLC... I had to sit thru 10 --- ten! commercials (for much loved sponsors I suppose) before any TLC programing began... and, the worst part... the video was not bad for the commercials - then nasty for regular programing... yeah, like I'm gonna pay $10 a month for smooth playing commercials and choppy shows... ending this setup before the "trial" ends for sure...
    very true lol i wonder if sometimes they do this on purpose
    yah I'm not sure what Sprint's strategy is but it is full of fail. If they want to pit commercials it should be free and subs should skip commercials and quality should be better. Right now its not worth it.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I don't think Sprint (or MobiTV, the company that operates the Sprint TV service) adds commercials to their feeds. I'm pretty sure those commercials are TLC's themselves.

I purchased Sprint TV Xtra for a month just to try it out and was pretty satisfied. I cancelled it, but that's because I don't really watch the channels included and also because I'd prefer to save $10 a month. I didn't notice any commercials that weren't also shown on my DirecTV on either the free channels or the Xtra channels.
    Don't bother, use hulu.com
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Hulu doesn't work on the Pre. They've got an iPhone version either released or being released soon, though, so if there's enough of a demand I'd imagine they'll release something for the Pre.
    Anyone know how to get Fox News on the Pre ? I had MobiTV on my 700 P . I miss Fox News . Anyone else ?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    As self-titled chief Sprint TV hacker, I'll see if it's possible. If they have Fox News on other devices, I'm quite sure it's possible to watch it on the Pre. (The beauty of Mojo is the non-compiled nature of it - so easy to hack and change apps without having to RCE them in IDA and make a binary patch!)

EDIT: They have Fox Mobile, but I don't think that's Fox News. I'll poke around and see if Fox News is still present in the feeds; it may have been deactivated at one point. I'll just say MobiTV needs to get around to securing their feeds; it's relatively trivial to obtain free access to MobiTV's paid content. I don't condone that - and I don't do it myself (don't have much use for Spanish TV when I don't even know Spanish) - but it's possible.
    Last edited by eddieck; 07/05/2009 at 10:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieck View Post
    Hulu doesn't work on the Pre. They've got an iPhone version either released or being released soon, though, so if there's enough of a demand I'd imagine they'll release something for the Pre.
    Soon, it will be supported:

Hulu - Attack of the Show: Pandora App For Palm Pre Review
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    yeah sprint TV is a gimmick and will probably be discontinued soon
  11. dgj
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickC5 View Post
    Anyone know how to get Fox News on the Pre ? I had MobiTV on my 700 P . I miss Fox News . Anyone else ?
    I know FoxNews was available awhile back, but now it has been discontinued. That was really the only channel i would watch on my centro and my wife on her 755p.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rianflynn View Post
    Sprint TV will be discontinued soon? Really? Where did you hear that? At the end of 2007, MobiTV and Sprint announced a "multiyear" deal. Judging by that, unless either party breaks the contract (oh, the thought of Sprint paying an ETF!) you're going to have Sprint TV until at least the end of the year and probably at least for another 1-3 years.
    Sprint tv used to be cool... a year or more back I had the Htc Touch(Vogue) . I used to watch Scifi channel live and Fox News live channel everyday on my way home from work.. about 6 months ago they dropped them along with some otherrs and the quality and availability dropped as well. Buncha Crap..
    Yea I've been using Sprint TV lately to watch The Gold Cup (Copa Oro), a soccer tournament, and the video is HORRIBLE! Very choppy and even the audio is really low. Even with headphones on it's too low and low quality. I'm just glad Sprint TV is bundled with the unlimited data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by rianflynn View Post
    Yeah, thats what I thought when I bought my Moto q9c two years ago.
    I had the same content on my treo with mobitv and it was kinda crappy even with everything unlocked. Its like junk tv bundled for mobile devices with commercials crammed in. At least the one package has that Bombones channel with hispanic girls in bikinis.
  17. dgj
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Right, I didn't expect much from this feature to begin with, but this is far lower then my lowest expectations. for the most part it plays shorts and trailers, any full episodes are rather out dated. It would be nice to have a little more current and updated channels. besides the fact that most channels are only mobile versions as well. As I stated in an earlier post, foxsnews was one of the channels I watched regularly. That channel was also the only that appeared to be the same as the cable network version (altough it was delayed by about 10 min) maybe disney was too. I no longer subscribe to cable or dish, so this is I feature that I would like them to continue improving. And I do understand that the intention of this feature isn't to replace cable or a dish network. Just think It would be a one up for sprint if they could also claim "a true t.v. experience" especially with the video capabilaties of the new Phones.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    I use to catch headline news on cnn but they discontinued that as well, I'd like to remove it from PRE all together
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Sprint TV used to be a decent gimmeky add-on, but then they got rid of a lot of good free channels like Comedy Central. Now it sucks but I care too much since I can just stream orb on my pre if I really have the need to watch tv on it.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Sprint TV really is a gimmick. Has anybody here watched TV on Verizon's phones? Its just like watching at home. Sprint TV is slow, half of the time you can't even see what its showing. I never complain about it because it comes with simply everything but I would never pay for that sh.. On its own.

I don't even know why they make such a big deal about even advertising it as a major feature.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast