Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #21  
    I really doubt it but I would say that about any phone
  2. Imseth's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsx62391@yahoo.com View Post
    its funny to read these threads on problems with the pre. Before it was out all I was reading was poeple saying to hurry up and release it and they will deal with the problems rather than wait. But now its the opposite. If your phone doesn't work right then switch it out. If you still want to complain then get a blackberry or iphone. Just stop filling up this forum with buyers remorse threads. Mine is perfect and I have no problem switching for a refurb as many times as it takes to keep my phone.end of story.
    Amen!!!
  3. #23  
    I doubt the Pre will make 2 years. It just doesn't have the build quality. Fortunately, as a Sprint Premier customer we only have to wait 12 months to receive a full upgrade discount. Since the Pre will be under warranty the entire 12 months, I think it will make that.
  4. Cringer's Avatar
    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    #24  
    I would guess mine makes it 12 months at the least, and won't surprise me if it makes 24 months. I din't think my phone is fragile, but it is also not a rock to be tossed around with no concern for it. Treat it right and it will treat you right. I think a lot of people will not make it because they will treat their phone like it should be able to take any abuse they want to give it. Yes, some will still have problems even if they treat it with a satin glove, but abuse will cause more problems I think in the long run.

    As someone else said though, we will see if I can make it past 12 months without wanting to upgrade to a new version or the next best thing (on Sprint, which I won't leave).
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I would guess mine makes it 12 months at the least, and won't surprise me if it makes 24 months. I din't think my phone is fragile, but it is also not a rock to be tossed around with no concern for it. Treat it right and it will treat you right. I think a lot of people will not make it because they will treat their phone like it should be able to take any abuse they want to give it. Yes, some will still have problems even if they treat it with a satin glove, but abuse will cause more problems I think in the long run.

    As someone else said though, we will see if I can make it past 12 months without wanting to upgrade to a new version or the next best thing (on Sprint, which I won't leave).
    Agreed. Also Im just not seeing how people are breaking their phones. My girlfriend has dropped hers out of her car twice. Mine has fallen out of my pocket and hit some form of porcelain at least 5 times. Both work like the day we bought them aside from the normal wear and tear of any touch screen device.

    I will most likely upgrade when/if the Eos comes out for sprint because Im not fond of having to open my phone to type but other than that I think the Pre is one of the best phones I have ever had.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsx62391@yahoo.com View Post
    its funny to read these threads on problems with the pre. Before it was out all I was reading was poeple saying to hurry up and release it and they will deal with the problems rather than wait. But now its the opposite. If your phone doesn't work right then switch it out. If you still want to complain then get a blackberry or iphone. Just stop filling up this forum with buyers remorse threads. Mine is perfect and I have no problem switching for a refurb as many times as it takes to keep my phone.end of story.
    I was thinking THE EXACT SAME THING! All I heard was release, it release it we will wait for the other stuff, we will deal with it no matter what.

    Now all I hear is complaints. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

    Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

    Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  7. 1quick1's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #27  
    Highly doubt it. This thing will break before then for sure.
  8. #28  
    No. My first three didn't last 30 days.
  9. #29  
    No problems with my pre so far. I have no reason to believe that it won't. The only thing I can see is if a Pre 2 comes out next year; then that will replace my Pre.
  10. #30  
    My son's LG slider, which feels like cardboard relative to my Pre (and has since it was new) is still going strong with no issues after a year and a half. And he's a teenager.

    I think a lot of folks on here are full of it. Screens that get scratched from dirt or lint in your pocket? Screens that crack while you're just holding it in your hand? Puleeeeeeease. My dog ate my homework.

    Manufacturer's defects are one thing, but I see zero evidence that would lead me to believe that this phone won't last as long as I need it to.
  11. #31  
    At first I was not confident that my Pre would make it to the end of my contract. However, as time goes on, I'm thinking it will last. I'm pretty gentle with things I own, so assuming I don't do something stupid, I hope to be in good shape.
  12. Clack's Avatar
    Posts
    251 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    At first I was not confident that my Pre would make it to the end of my contract. However, as time goes on, I'm thinking it will last. I'm pretty gentle with things I own, so assuming I don't do something stupid, I hope to be in good shape.
    It's too bad you have to think about being gentle. I really was hopping Palm would have done better with it's hardware this time around with so much of the company ridding on the success of webOS -- but given the hardware is questionable it makes it difficult to have a good webOS expierence.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
  13. awcfy6's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #33  
    I think mine will last the whole 2 years???
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions