Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dear Palm,

The Pre is a nice little phone. But if you have a moment, could you see if you could you give us back some of the old iPod features we are missing?

We have been using that little slider bar for a long time on our iPods and have really gotten to like it. You know the one, like you did on the Video Player?

And while you are at it, could you let our Lyrics back out? It might lok like this:

What kind of ***** buys a music player that is missing basic features?

Look at my avatar.

Thanks,

- Craig

Please add your note below and join this petition.
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/04/2009 at 06:35 PM.
    Dear milo,

The ipod is mediocre at best as a music player.

Dear palm,

Please make the pre as good as the zune. You already borrowed gestures from them.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Dear Palm,

The music player in the Pre is mediocre. Please bring back at the minimum pTunes Deluxe and for nicer looking interfaces perhaps look at the Sony Ericsson Walkman phones music player. That is a slick looking music player. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Dear milo,

The ipod is mediocre at best as a music player.

Dear palm,

Please make the pre as good as the zune. You already borrowed gestures from them.
    But I think the interface looks great and perhaps that was the main point being made?

Zune looks really cool too.
    Did you see the guys thread "New Music app in the works"? Evidently, a developer is working on it. I'm sure he's not the only one.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by as147 View Post
    But I think the interface looks great and perhaps that was the main point being made?

Zune looks really cool too.
    That was exactly it.

I would also dream of a day when the Pre could be as good as Zune but for now if Palm could just catch up with three years ago it would be great.

I am thinkning quick and dirty for now.

Palm already has the slider bar done and you can get to it from the SDK to use it as a module. We know that the Lyrics, artist, & song info are stored with the song on a Pre because you can put it on your Pre and then transfer to another PC and the Lyrics & Info are all there.

So the Pre has all of this already wired up and stored. It is just hidden away.

So someone thought that users would need a slider for video but not to use the existing slider code for the music player? When they were coding this, including this would have been an extra morning.

But "someone" said that the Pre did not have to be as usable as every other music player made in the past 3 years.

The reason the slider & lyrics are not there today? It is not the morning's work. It is admitting that they were wrong.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Just add basic PLAYLIST SUPPORT for everyone else who isn't using Itunes. While it'll copy the songs from WMP playlists, it won't actually recognize .wpl or .asx playlist files! WOW if I wanted to be stuck with Itunes, then I would have gotten an iphone.
    R.I.P. Windows Mobile (2002 - 2009)

HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro
    The Zune is complete crap, don't make the Pre anything like it.

Playlists, however, are very important.
    That it doesn't save state when quitting drives me nuts. I listen to audio magazines with dozens of tracks which I have to dig through to find where I left off.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    That it doesn't save state when quitting drives me nuts. I listen to audio magazines with dozens of tracks which I have to dig through to find where I left off.
    my problem as well.... Well not about audio mags but not having a save state
    SCK Manager
  11.    #11  
    The only work-around I have is the recently played Playlist. To keep it short you could set it to within the past 2 days.

-Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPre1337 View Post
    The Zune is complete crap, don't make the Pre anything like it.

Playlists, however, are very important.
    How much experience do you have with the Zune? I'm going to guess none, unless its an old 30gb model. the 80gb/120gb, and the 4/8gb with the touch sensor D pad are incredibly easy to use, and have gestures that are near identical to the Pre's gestures. The interface is easy to navigate, no hitting back a million times to get through menu's, the screen is large, I could go on and on, theres nothing wrong with the Zune, at all. Zune games are quite awesome as well.
    the volume doesn't get loud enough for me
    Quote Originally Posted by senorfrog97 View Post
    the volume doesn't get loud enough for me
    It does for me, but I don't like how jumpy the volume is, going 1 notch on the volume slider seems to be a giant change, theres no subtlety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    It does for me, but I don't like how jumpy the volume is, going 1 notch on the volume slider seems to be a giant change, theres no subtlety.
    I definitely agree with this. Its almost like they need a few extra notches to smooth out the increase the higher you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    The only work-around I have is the recently played Playlist. To keep it short you could set it to within the past 2 days.

-Craig
    I'm not sure I understand what playlist you are referring to. Do you create that from iTunes?

I just realized I can type to search and narrow the list, so at if I at least remember the magazine section or article name I'm close. But I still have to scrub the audio.

It's one of those things that you see every phone getting wrong on launch. Android also had this totally messed up.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  17.    #17  
    I'm not sure I understand what playlist you are referring to. Do you create that from iTunes?

I just realized I can type to search and narrow the list, so at if I at least remember the magazine section or article name I'm close. But I still have to scrub the audio.

It's one of those things that you see every phone getting wrong on launch. Android also had this totally messed up.
    Yes, that's it. There is a standard playlist in iTunes called Recently Played. It is a smartlist and you can set how far back in time it will hold titles.

You could set up a smartlist called Yesterday that would only have songs you were played from the past 24 hours.

This is still not the same as having a Resume/Start Over option.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    There's a ton of things worth copying from apples touch interface, but one thing they should toss out is the CoverFlow view as default. Sure its pretty, but its useless in comparison to List View or even Grid.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I really like the mock up. I agree that just a few of the features mentioned by milominderbinde would go a long way. Especially for the podcasts which are generally longer.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    The Pre music player does have a "slider." Touch the top to switch from album art view to progress bar view. Then hold down the forward and back buttons to seek forward and back.

Last edited by Rhody; 07/06/2009 at 05:01 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast