Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Someone would be my hero if they made this work.

Is this even a possibility with the voice codecs that need to be loaded in order for this to run?

Please let me know, oh powerful devs!
    Quote Originally Posted by xandrake View Post
    Someone would be my hero if they made this work.

Is this even a possibility with the voice codecs that need to be loaded in order for this to run?

Please let me know, oh powerful devs!
    +1

I've been waiting for an iPhone version of this for ages. Even if it was WiFi only it would be awesome to have.
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS
    What is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    What is it?
    It's a voice chat application. My friends and I own a server and we constantly have 10+ people from our high school days drop by to chat. 4 or 5 of us are constantly connected. Great for games too like Call of Duty.
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I had a killer version for the old PalmOS and one for WinMo5.

If there is a dev out there that knows how to make this work, PLEASE PLEASE let me know how I can help.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    This would be great. Would really be a great feature app and would, I think bring people to the Pre.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    the only thing i hate about vent, is the sound quality. I switched to skype for this reason.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Speaking of skype, a friend sent this to me today:

IM+ for Skype Webapp for the Palm Pre - PIC Mobile

Cheers
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Sprint would be seriously pissed off if something like this were running through their networks but nevertheless, I'd certainly use it.
    So, does anyone have an update on this? I suppose i Need to get webOS for dummies or somethin.... hmmm
    I would love it if someone could totally make an app for this! Oh dev gods of the pre.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    BUMP! I'm not good enough to dev this yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by roor View Post
    the only thing i hate about vent, is the sound quality. I switched to skype for this reason.
    is there skype for pre
    As far as I know there still isn't a mic API, so until Palm does that a vent/TS app would be out. However, Palm might be able to make a special exception and allow the use of some restricted API's.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    BUMP.

With Mic APIs rumored to be in the 2.0 release (maybe 1.5 was it? idk) what else would be holding this app back? I couldn't find any other info here cept this post
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynd View Post
    It's a voice chat application. My friends and I own a server and we constantly have 10+ people from our high school days drop by to chat. 4 or 5 of us are constantly connected. Great for games too like Call of Duty.
    So funny same here. We must be in similar age group. All these kids I talk to today are like "Whats Vent?" I remember when Vent was new all the rage.
    Droid has Vent =( Any news on it coming for WebOS? A Skype for WebOS would be awesome as well....
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityisLife View Post
    Droid has Vent =( Any news on it coming for WebOS? A Skype for WebOS would be awesome as well....
    Still not possible. Supposedly the microphone is getting added to the API this fall. If that means WebOS 2.0 or WebOS 1.5 or WebOS 1.4.9 Palm only knows.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if this ever occurred for WebOS?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast