1.    #1  
    Like many of you I returned my Pre on the 30th day after buying it. I was looking forward to this thing forever and tried and tried to make it work. But, although there are many things that I just loved, it had to go back. I'm back to my BB Curve. The Pre is a toy, the BB a tool. For the life of me, I don't see how a person who uses the Pre for business can make it work. Won't work with Exchange, no Group contacts, crappy signal, no cut and paste, etc., etc. I am hoping at some point Palm will get it squared away and I will consider it again. Otherwise, I will stay with BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Like many of you I returned my Pre on the 30th day after buying it. I was looking forward to this thing forever and tried and tried to make it work. But, although there are many things that I just loved, it had to go back. I'm back to my BB Curve. The Pre is a toy, the BB a tool. For the life of me, I don't see how a person who uses the Pre for business can make it work. Won't work with Exchange, no Group contacts, crappy signal, no cut and paste, etc., etc. I am hoping at some point Palm will get it squared away and I will consider it again. Otherwise, I will stay with BB.
    I use it everyday for business. I have no issues with Exchange. It sucks that so many people do. I also haven't had signal issues (in the last two weeks anyway)...

Sorry that I didn't work for you and hope to see you back when some of the problems are worked out!
    My Pre is more of a toy then a tool. I don't really need it for business too much. Although, my Pre is my main tool for emailing people, texting, calls, maps, radio, camera, and gps. So overall, its both a toy and a tool. Its very useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Mine was bought to be a tool and it is. After some struggle, I got Exchange to work and that's when it became a tool. I could understand how someone would "exchange" it if this wasn't working. Once working Synergy is awesome and multitasking makes it a great tool for staying organized and getting things done.

However, we need to address expectations. The Pre is not ready to compete with the BB on the business apps. The promise of something greater is there, but much work needs to be done. However, WebOS makes working with the web much better if you're work needs web access.

For now Synergy is a VAST improvement over my Centro and multitasking is awesome at home or at work. I'm willing to wait for a few more updates and a good round or two of new apps.

WebOS is not a mature platform and if you need that out of the gate, try elsewhere.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Mine is a tool...and unfortunately missing a number of biz apps I'm used to. That said, I freakin' love it.

bj
    I loved my Pre, but at the core felt it was too much of a toy. There's something magically efficient about seeing my BB's red light blinking, opening the message, hitting "R" tapping out a response and sending it all within seconds.

I know, I know, the BB is an email oriented machine, but this rings true for SMSs and many other functions. The BB just fits my business (+ personal - gmail, SMS) needs better. With the Pre it is a process to read, respond to, and send a message (IMO of course).