Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    When i was out to eat with a few friends, a question came up as to when a specific event occurred. My one friend right away takes out his iphone and starts searching. A few seconds later, I decided to join the search. I popped open my pre and started typing what i was looking for. I opened 1 card for 1 search, and another card for another search. While my friend with his iphone was still searching, i found more then enough information to cover the topic of discussion. It was so quick and simple, i just closed my pre with a smile on my face as his iphone was still loading the second page
    sweet

i have yet to have a battle of my own but the day will come lol. hope your friend realized he can open up up to 10 separate safari windows but it is much easier on the pre
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Its SO much easier. I don't even think it compares imho. I just love the auto search function.

Al-in-all, I think its great that a recently released device can compete and keep up with a third generation device.

PRE ftw

That day will come
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    The Pre is such a cool device. WebOS will come a long way.
    My manager just bough the iphone 3gs and we were comparing my Pre to his phone. I said lets find the same youtube and videto and see which device is faster and clearer. We decided on the remake of thriller in a jail courtyard. we both had it up, he pressed play than about 2 seconds later i pressed play. a few seconds went by and my started playing. I said wow, and you started before i did. Then he said something like well youtube converts it to higher quality for iphone users to some other format. So i said really? So we just sat there waited and after a short while it never came up and he closed out of the app.

Another win for the Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by mele View Post
    My manager just bough the iphone 3gs and we were comparing my Pre to his phone. I said lets find the same youtube and videto and see which device is faster and clearer. We decided on the remake of thriller in a jail courtyard. we both had it up, he pressed play than about 2 seconds later i pressed play. a few seconds went by and my started playing. I said wow, and you started before i did. Then he said something like well youtube converts it to higher quality for iphone users to some other format. So i said really? So we just sat there waited and after a short while it never came up and he closed out of the app.

Another win for the Pre!
    Wasn't there an article recently about how youtube for the iPhone is actually reduced quality to improve download performance?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Wasn't there an article recently about how youtube for the iPhone is actually reduced quality to improve download performance?
    If I can recall correctly, I believe the article was about how it USED to reduce quality to improve download performance, but with the release of iPhone 3.0 they stopped reducing the quality. You are definitely correct though, it used to reduce quality by quite a bit. I am unsure, however, if it still applies.
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS