Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. geridh
    Anyone having the camera take a loooooooonnnnggg time to load? It used to come right on for me. Now it literally takes minutes. I can get it to work normal ocassionally with a reboot. I dont run a lot of apps or anything at one time. Any suggestions or comments?
    try resetting your pre
    Mine has never taken minutes but just about everything on the OS is slow or takes time to load / get choppy. It gets worse as time goes on and a reset is a temporary fix. Memory leaks suck. Unoptimized software also sucks but not much we can do except hope palm can fix it.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    My camera ran very slow the last few days before it stoped working completley.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Do you have geo-tagging enabled? Could it be trying to get a lock on your location?
    If you want it to open as fast as possible (For quick, spur of the moment shots) turn off Geo Tagging and reset your phone once every other day or so. When the scrolling screens start to get really choppy, apps start taking awhile to load etc. just restart the phone...
    I am having this problem big time. Unfortunately, my camera does not load at all. It just sits there in the grey screen with the camera in the middle. Every 20 or 30 seconds or so it goes dark and seems to be attempting to access the hardware or a file or something again. Like it is reseting. Then it just goes back to the grey screen.

I have reset it multiple times. Pulled the battery. Tried loading the photo app and deleting the most recent photo (as if there is some kind of file confusion on the part of the camera).

I can't tell if it is hardware or software. I have about 200 pictures in my photo roll. Maybe I should move some of them out of that folder?
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    So I put it in USB mode and moved all the "picture roll" photos into another folder on the Pre and then the camera booted right up. They are in /DCIM/100Palm or something like that. I had 59 pics in that folder.

I'll let you folks know if it stays fixed or locks up again.

Anyone else with this problem?
    I've also noticed this same issue lately, the camera app used to be much snappier. On my photo roll I have 40 pictures.

I'll try moving them to other folders when I'm home and will post results.
    I know that this is not at all scientific, but it does work. I was at a concert last night and when I opened the camera app, I was stuck on the grey screen. I was so frustrated that I closed the slider with more force than usual. The camera app came right up. This happened each time I used the camera and the "hard close", if you will, opened the app everytime. And no, I am not The Fonz.
    Well, nice theory. But as soon as I took 3 or 4 pics and shut down the canera it failed to load again. Same problem.
    Ok, I tried the "close it hard" trick and it worked immediately. That would indicate a hardware problem to me.

I will keep trying to reproduce the problem but if this keeps up I will be heading to a Sprint store very soon.
  13. geridh
    Im still having issues with camera, anyone else?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    So I put it in USB mode and moved all the "picture roll" photos into another folder on the Pre and then the camera booted right up. They are in /DCIM/100Palm or something like that. I had 59 pics in that folder.

I'll let you folks know if it stays fixed or locks up again.

Anyone else with this problem?
    I've noticed that on my phone, once I've moved my photos elsewhere, that the numbering will reset itselt. For example, if I have taken pictures up 059, and then remove them, it resets to 000. Have you, or anyone else, had that issue?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    The slowness issue I have is when you want to view your new photo and it takes forever to open it in the viewer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    Ok, I tried the "close it hard" trick and it worked immediately. That would indicate a hardware problem to me.

I will keep trying to reproduce the problem but if this keeps up I will be heading to a Sprint store very soon.
    it's a hardware issue, loose connection. Sprint knows of this and will swap it out.
    The camera app has locked up my phone three times. Forced reset required.
  18. geridh
    Took to Sprint store, they "soft reset", hard reset, and restored it. No luck. They ordered a new phone. I just hope it is a new phone not refurbed
  19. geridh
    FYI they said this is a rare but known issue
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wormdood View Post
    Do you have geo-tagging enabled? Could it be trying to get a lock on your location?
    This worked for me people, check your location services...
    Sprint Palm Pre-
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast