Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    My camera has always loaded a bit slow for my liking...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Mine was slow too, then I had to get my Pre replaced. Since I then started with no pics in my photo folder (yes, I backed them up before I got the new one), the first time I went to the camera app is was super fast!

So I thought about it and sure enough, I remember the camera app getting progressively slower over time. I'm thinkin that grooming that default folder and keeping a minimum number of pic's in it might solve alot of problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    I know that this is not at all scientific, but it does work. I was at a concert last night and when I opened the camera app, I was stuck on the grey screen. I was so frustrated that I closed the slider with more force than usual. The camera app came right up. This happened each time I used the camera and the "hard close", if you will, opened the app everytime. And no, I am not The Fonz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    it's a hardware issue, loose connection. Sprint knows of this and will swap it out.
    I definitely have to agree about it being a hardware issue. I've noticed the problem for a few months now but I was hoping that the 1.4.5 update would fix it. I did notice that opening and closing the slider would fix the problem. After reading this thread, I tried something... With my Pre slider closed, I opened the camera app. Of course, it didn't load correctly, so I smacked the back of the phone. Sure enough, camera loaded right up.

Oh well, I still have my launch day Pre so I guess 14 months isn't to bad. When I have a few hours to waste, I'll head to Sprint for a replacement. I kinda have an oreo problem anyway.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    This is ridiculous. My Pre is getting so bad. I just Doctored it last night and started out fresh and it's really slow and the camera takes a long time to start up and sometimes it doesn't at all. I'm ready to turn in the Pre for something else.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I had the issue last night, have maybe 20 pictures on my device. Booted it up today and it works fine. Kind of a bummer not to know when it's going to work or not work. Not to mention that Verizon won't do anything about if they can't reproduce the problem.
    You know if you get the overclock kernel, it will open much faster.
    Not for me. I had the problem with mine not opening 90% of the time while on vacation and after getting a refurb for a broken speaker the camera open about half of the time. I'm running UK at 500/1000 and it doesn't help nor does F105.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I just leave mine open all the time. Quicker that way.
    time you people get your pre up to 1ghz..or atleast 800mhz
    Read 2 post above and you will see that I'm ALREADY running at 1ghz and have tried 2 kernels.
    I had same issues. Running 1.4.5. Installed the emergency fstab fixer and seems to be working now. Don't know that it should have had an effect but at least it works now.
    I would try that but I'm on Verizon 1.4.1.1. Also I have no camera patches installed so I don't see any patches being the issue.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    I know that this is not at all scientific, but it does work. I was at a concert last night and when I opened the camera app, I was stuck on the grey screen. I was so frustrated that I closed the slider with more force than usual. The camera app came right up. This happened each time I used the camera and the "hard close", if you will, opened the app everytime. And no, I am not The Fonz.
    lol I just tried this and it totally rebooted my phone. I laughed so hard for some reason..... just thought i'd share.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12